Re: Trouble at Brandonsford!

Post by spanningtree »

Eerik

Fair enough Mort, let's turn in.

The usual order is fine.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

I'll take the same order, but no pickles this time!

badams30

Post by badams30 »

As you begin to prepare to turn in for the night, donkey slowly lifts his head and snorts, glancing toward the darkness. He brays once, then seemingly fine, puts his head back down and shuts his eyes. From the darkness a single humanoid shape slowly approaches, both hands waving a greeting.

"Hello there? nothing to be alarmed about, that frog-fellow Groak said I'd find you all here..."

You can't make out much in the dark, but you can tell the person doesn't have anything in his hands, and he's cautiously approaching.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Hugi grips his weapon. Hail. Who are you there in the dark? Are you one of the frog folk?

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

The figure emerges from the shadows, and into the light of the fire.
I am not one of the frog folk, Master Dwarf, but a friend of the frog folk. I am Sythandra of clan Erendyl. I hear you're hunting a dragon. So am I. The elf crouches down, turning her attention to Donkey. You are a worthy protector, my friend, she coos, stroking the top of his head. Rest easy.

Rising again to her feet, she looks around for the obvious leader of the group. Room for one more?

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Hugi raises an eyebrow, An elf. I suppose it could be worse...

Call me Hugi. I will allow my companions to introduce themselves. We need those skilled in fighting if we are to defeat this dragon: dwarfs and others of great power, cunning, and skill. Mighty warriors and spellslingers who can meet the enemy’s ferocity and reflect it back tenfold. The bravest and most righteous dwarfs… and others… that this realm can provide. Folk of near divine will and fortitude to best this foul wyrm.

Oh well, I suppose you will do.

Welcome, Tumblingdice. Always great to play with you.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Willig relaxes, glad to see the elf and not a dragon. "Well met, elf. Welcome. Warm yourself by our fire. We have bread and cheese and some wine."

Willig is intensely curious about the elf's magical knowledge, but restrains himself.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

Dewplo "the brave" Buttonberry

Dewplo wipes the 'sleepy' from his eyes, "Well met. I'm Dewplo the sleepy." The Halfling lays his head back down, but doesn't close his eyes.

Welcome Back!!

Master Sneaker
Target priority: imminent danger (self or companion), then the target most injured.
+ Arrows = 20
+ HP: 7
+ AC: 13
+ Super sneaky (Near Invisibility (1-5/d6))
+ To Hit: +3 with missiles (+1 melee), or +5 if Hidden (+3 melee).
+ Only receive half damage from 'Giant Types' (Ogres, Giants, Trolls, etc.)
When possible, Sammich will always try to retrieve previously fired arrows.

spanningtree

Post by spanningtree »

Eerik

Good eve, Sythandra, I am Eerik, Cleric of Odin. As Hugi said, welcome!

OCC: Long time Steve! Good to have you!

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

If you're looking for mighty spellslingers, Sythandra replies, her eyes narrowing ever so slightly at Hugi's comment, then I will have to do. But for now you're out of luck, Hugi. Tonight I wield a sword in honor of Melora, rather than Corellon. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

The elf nods in appreciation of Willig's offer, and sits down, helping herself to some bread and cheese. She will return Dewplo's and Eerik's greetings, but will do more listening than talking, in hopes of sussing out the different members of the group.

But not Hugi. She got his number when she walked in the door. :)

If there's a lull in the conversation, she will ask, So, what brings all of you out here after a dragon? Have you ever seen one before?

Sythandra likes what she sees. But she can't help wonder if the group might do well to add a pirate queen to its ranks. One with a parrot on her shoulder. But where would we find such a character? And why am I asking you...