Trouble at Brandonsford!

A White Box FMAG Sandbox
spanningtree

Re: Trouble at Brandonsford!

Post by spanningtree »

Eerik

In response to Sythandra's question: In all honesty, its find things to do, like battling dragons or the like, or return to the monastery. Have you ever been to one? Providing spiritual guidance, employment, education, medicine and help for the poor and needy. He takes another swig of wine. Devoting ones life to prayer and helping society.... meh, I'd rather be out here with you all whooping it up in the name of Odin.

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

Sythandra - Elf

Sythandra laughs in response to Eerik's admission, then frowns. After a minute or so of silence, she continues. My interest in the dragon is personal. I don't know its name, but it has a craven tribe of orcs to do its bidding. The Blackscales. Show me an orc from the Blackscale tribe, or any tribe, and I will liberate its head from its shoulders.

The elf reaches into a pocket and draws forth a small pouch. From the pouch she removes something hard to see in the light of the fire and resulting shadows. The Blackscales destroyed a wood that was sacred to Clan Erendyl. Moreover, they killed the dryads who called that wood their home. Including my friend and my love.

Sythandra falls silent at the memory.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Orcs.... seethes Hugi. His knuckles whiten as he grips his weapon.

spanningtree

Post by spanningtree »

Eerik

Indeed, Orcs... unsavory lot. My assistance is implied.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

tumblingdice wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 3:20 am
Sythandra - Elf
The elf reaches into a pocket and draws forth a small pouch. From the pouch she removes something hard to see in the light of the fire and resulting shadows. The Blackscales destroyed a wood that was sacred to Clan Erendyl. Moreover, they killed the dryads who called that wood their home. Including my friend and my love.
Sythandra falls silent at the memory.
Dewplo, still laying with eyes open, and remaining motionless, "That sounds awful. I'm terribly sorry. I would seek revenge, too."

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Willig pats his pockets for his pipe and mutters a curse upon realizing he'd forgotten it.

"Sythandra, I'm saddened that you have lost one dear to you. Together, let us right this injustice."

"I am a seeker of arcane knowledge. Can you tell me of the area we are in? Does it hold any source of magic that a lowly adept such as myself may investigate? The more magic I can acquire, the better prepared we will all be against the Blackscales and their dragon lord."

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

Sythandra shakes her head. "I myself am not from here. I came from somewhere else just as you did, following the cursed dragon."

badams30

Post by badams30 »

As the group settles in for the night and gets to know the newcomer, donkey and Mort call it a night and go to sleep. Eventually the only noises are the sounds of crackling fire and birds and insects of the night. Normal watch for everyone, and the night passes quickly with no interruptions. You wake up to find Mort making a quick breakfast for everyone - "Good thing we'll reach town today, 'cause I'm almost outta food!" As if to punctuate his owner's statement, Donkey brays loudly and scratches at the weeds as he munches his breakfast.

Shortly after breakfast is finished you are packed and on your way. As you are within arrival of the village by days end, you notice that the cheerful sounds of the chirping birds and even whispering breezes seem to have disappeared. It's almost as if the tension is palpable in the air. By mid day the forest takes over the grassy fields and you find yourself in more of a light forest than a prairie environment. You begin to hear the sounds of water, and soon after you find that the trail comes alongside a slowly moving river, bubbling and splashing as it passes by rocks and felled trees. The river varies from about 100-200 feet wide to 25-30 feet in some places, and it doesn't seem like it would accommodate much more than a shallow draft raft or canoe, but it does seem to be teeming with fish, frogs and occasional evidence of beavers.

Around lunch time you crest a small hill and round a bend and in a small (probably 20x20) clearing under the canopy, you see a human female, attired quite interestingly. She has a 3 cornered hat, an eyepatch, a frilly shirt with a long overcoat, and you can make out the fancy buttons from here. While none of you can say you know of pirates, she looks like the textbook version of a pirate. And she sits on a large felled tree eating some food and sharing some with what looks like a large colorful parrot whom she's chatting with in between bites. They notice you about the same time as you notice them.

kipper

Post by kipper »

"Ahoy!" the woman calls out, standing up to doff her hat and take a flourishing bow. "I be Jocasta, who be ye?"
"AHOY!" echoes the parrot.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Hugi is somewhat startled to see the pirate lass, especially without a ship. He says to his companions, I dare say that we might be fighting pirates soon but something tells me that today is not the day. Why fight when you can negotiate? But be wary, as a pirate ain’t no priest…

Then with a booming voice, Hugi the dwarf says, Ahoy there. I am Hugi and my companions and I are off to fight a great drake. You seem like you could use a friend. Come walk with us to town at least.