Trouble at Brandonsford!

A White Box FMAG Sandbox
connivingsumo

Re: Trouble at Brandonsford!

Post by connivingsumo »

Dewplo "the brave" Buttonberry
badams30 wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 9:47 pm
"Welcome! Our specialty is our Fox Tail ale, and you won't find better bread this side of the mountains! Eloise has a leg of mutton on the spit, and some taters in the pot. I'll keep your tankards filled and your bellies too for 10 silver a piece. We've got some rooms open too, in case you're looking for a place to stay. What'll it be ladies and gents?"
The speed at which Dewplo produces 10 silver is borderline offensive. "Halo Couzin!" Halfling family trees spread wide healthily enough, but we're all related to one another somehow; call it 'Seven degrees of Feets.' "Oh yes, YES! Taters and Mutton!!" His face contorts for the next part, "AND BREEEEEEEAD! Is it roll-top, sliced, or tear-loaf? BAH! It doesn't matter if'n ya gots butter!" Realizing how loud he has become, he attempts a modicum of control, "And I can't wait to have a few mugs o'that FOX TAIL ALE!"

Dewplo leans in to the barkeep, "Say, that fella o'er there seems nice. Why don't ya give him another o'what he's havin and put it on my bill?"

1gp deducted ~ assuming a 10-1 exchange?

Master Sneaker
Target priority: imminent danger (self or companion), then the target most injured.
+ Arrows = 20
+ HP: 7
+ AC: 13
+ Super sneaky (Near Invisibility (1-5/d6))
+ To Hit: +3 with missiles (+1 melee), or +5 if Hidden (+3 melee).
+ Only receive half damage from 'Giant Types' (Ogres, Giants, Trolls, etc.)
When possible, Sammich will always try to retrieve previously fired arrows.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

The halfling's broad smile grows as Dewplo joins the conversation, and he winks at Eerik and says "If it's one thing those of us here in Brandonsford can understand, it's being a bit down on things. Of course we can work something out, its not like we've got lots of people coming in and out with all these goings on, is it? No one's in the common room upstairs at the moment, if you can squeak out a couple gold per night, and you don't wreck the place or drink too much, I'll keep you here for a few days till your fortunes improve. How's that sound? Because if I was a bettin' man, and I am, I'd bet you're here to learn more about our predicament. No sane travelers would come here otherwise."

He shouts "GIRLS! ELOISE! Let's get a few platters of food for our guests here, they'll be takin' the big room for a couple o' days."

Within a few moments, the kitchen swinging doors burst open and a halfling woman with lightly graying red hair and three younger halfling girls (all with long curly red hair) scurry out to deliver heaping and smoking trays of mutton and potatoes, with some bread and butter, and several overflowing tankards of the most delicious cold ale you've had in a long while.

You dig in, momentarily losing track of time as you fill your bellies with fresh hearty food. Your brief feast is interrupted by a quiet, cracking voice saying "Excuse me, excuse me, ladies and gents." Pausing your feast, you see a portly human male, probably in has 50s, with a blatant comb-over and dark circles under his eyes. He's attired in some fine purple robes, and his demeanor seems to be one of a man of some station. He bows politely, and and says "I'm sorry to interrupt your meal, but I was told we had some visitors here of some renown, so I came to see for myself, and these rumors have proven to be true." He smiles and glances across your group, clearly trying to assess if his flattery is effective, he continues anyway "I'm Eric, the Reeve of this humble town. As you might have heard, we're in a bit of a pinch, with a... uh... um... that is a uh... Dragon or something that seems to be intent on disrupting our honorable lifestyles and commerce... and well.... seeing that you are obviously a group of some capability, I was wondering if I might discuss a business proposition that'd be mutually beneficial to you and our fine town. What do you say, my friends?"

He nods enthusiastically and steps back to see what you do/say..

spanningtree

Post by spanningtree »

Eerik

To the keep: Many thanks for your understanding, I think your proposal is more than fair. Tossing a gold coin onto the table. Here is half for tonight, does someone else want to make up for the rest?

Seeing the reeve enter and make his speech: Eric this is Jocasta, Sythandra, Dewplo, Willig, and I am Eerik. Please take a seat, we can listen and eat!

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

Dewplo waves with a big smile.

kipper

Post by kipper »

Jocasta flamboyantly tosses a gold piece to the tavern owner, "Thar be the second half."

To Eric, she says: "Yarr, I always be open to business, let's parley." "PARLEY" echoes the parrot.

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

Sythandra leans forward in her seat. Tell us about the dragon! she urges the reeve, emphasizing the word dragon because she can see how hesitant he is to talk about it.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

tumblingdice wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 5:22 pm
Sythandra leans forward in her seat. Tell us about the dragon! she urges the reeve, emphasizing the word dragon because she can see how hesitant he is to talk about it.
"Yes! Yes! Do tell!! Anyone that knows anything about it, we need to know!"

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Willig listens intently. He will want to know if anyone has actually seen this creature.

spanningtree

Post by spanningtree »

Eerik

Listens intently.

OCC: 1GP deducted.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Hugi also listens.