The Old Point Tavern & Mutton Shoppe

Valdus' White Box FMAG Game
badams30

Re: The Old Point Tavern & Mutton Shoppe

Post by badams30 »

Howard the Farmer

Howard nods enthusiastically at this odd group, and he looks at C'ang's axe and then his own and says "Howdy there, pleased to make your acquaintance. And I sure like that axe, mine's downright plain compared to that beauty. I think them goblins are going to regret the day they see us coming for em', you betcha."

Howard chuckles and says "So when do we get on our way? I mean, our friend Ray here needs some uh, sleep, I think, so we's all rested and at our best."

OOC: Howard is fine with any departure plans the others come up with, he's just happy to be along for the ride.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

"Cider...Cider Dorfen's the name." The halfling makes a short bow, "I would be glad to join with you to adventure. With a little luck, we might even find a little treasure. I am concerned about the locals though. How many of them will still be standing by us when the goblin arrows grow thick?"

"But nevertheless, their mettle may be tested shortly. Count me in, fellows. If we march in the morning, let us lighten our load a bit."

Cider pulls out a few of his remaining coins and calls the bar maid for more ale and food!

"Now, what plans have any of you? Has any man, dwarf, or halfling here seen this goblin cave?"

JimboJimbo

Post by JimboJimbo »

Ray Sun

"Some good questions," Ray says, slumping at the table and waving away another drink, "I think Bolverk Andalsson may have seen something when he was grazing his flock and Milbert Senderton's wife went missing. I'll have a little chat with them and see what they can remember".

Clapping his hands as if to clear off dirt, Ray leaps from his seat and drifts around the other patrons.

OOC - Sorry if I'm treading on your toes there, Valdus.

Valdus

Post by Valdus »

Ah, think your the GM do you? Alright, as the action table states, the action succeeds but at a consequence.

Almost on cue, the door of the Old Point bursts open with a desperate thrust, four farmers and a familiar figure stagger through the entrance, bloody weapons in hand, bloody wounds on their person. They gasp and spin, trip and fall, one sliding against one of the tables. The commotion barely wakes those drinking to forget, those drinking to plan against the menace facing Riverbend.

One of them coughs and speaks. "They, attacking the fields, setting fires to what they can't..," Blood vomits from the man named Bolverk Andalsson. He struggles to catch his breath. "carry, taking children, taking women, killing men, burning huts..."

C'ang, who had drawn his axe instinctively, steel gleaming terribly in the fireplace light, rushed to one of the figures. Knowing the wounds to be fatal, he pulls a tablecloth under their head, easing the passing of time. He takes something from his pouch, something like a poultice, placing on his open wounds

"This be bad boys," the dwarf looks at them angrily. "Maybe this lil' romp has turned to the deadly."

Bolverk Andalsson coughs in agreement beckoning Ray Sun to him.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Cider strings his bow and rushes out towards the fields, knocking an arrow as he goes.

JimboJimbo

Post by JimboJimbo »

Ray Sun readies his crossbow as he runs to Bolverk's side. He grabs the wounded man's hand.

"Speak, friend Bolverk."

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Howard the Farmer

Howard rises to his feet and checks his gear, especially his axe. He joins Cider as he heads outside. "This doesn't sound good, for sure." He draws his axe and looks about once outside.

Valdus

Post by Valdus »

Bolverk coughs and looks up at his friend. "There are in the village, every, every, everywhere." His hands grip Ray Sun's, but then the soul in them leaves, passing away perhaps to something better.

Things apparently have gone from bad to worse. The smell of flame, of burning wood and wheat, enters the tavern, along with acrid smoke. Many jerk and march, and run, towards the door of the tavern- intent on escape. A madness begins, as a few stragglers enter the tavern screaming that goblins and orcs are about, burning Riverbend.

Many of them appear injured, signs of struggle on faces and bodies.

For those who have exited the tavern there is no doubt, orcs and goblins are running about, setting fire to the structures of Riverbend. Some even break away and attack those exiting the tavern at the moment.

Alas, have we reached combat, so soon?

JimboJimbo

Post by JimboJimbo »

Ray Sun whispers a prayer over his friend's body then snatches up his crossbow. A gallon of rage burning through his half-pint frame, he rushes out the tavern. Weapon ready, he looks for Cider and Howard.

"I'll be damned if I'm going to lose another friend this night," he growls.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Howard the Farmer

Howard grabs his axe and holds it aloft for good measure and looks toward his new comrades. "I think that's our cue to kill some orcs and goblins, eh?"

OOC: Howard will follow his new friends to the streets to kill some monsters.