Delve #2

Old dungeon delves will go here.

Moderator: merias

jcftao

Re: Delve #2

Post by jcftao »

rredmond wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:44 pm
My 12yo finally decided Stranger Things was our next binge. I hadn't seen Season 4 yet (my wife and two eldest couldn't stand the bone-crackage), but here we are after about a month in to Season 4 already :) The end of Season 3 has a (somewhat tropey) scene of one of the main characters has to turn two-keys at once, and she needs to use a belt to do it. Not sure if Schmidt has a Friar's paunch, but I'm glad he didn't have to use his belt! ;)
Holy Schmidt may need to get suspenders to go with that belt.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

OOC--Does the podium look valuable and light enough for a burly barbarian to carry out of this dungeon?
He's thinking that finely crafted furniture with secret compartments will fetch a few gold pieces.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

rredmond wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:46 pm
"Ah, the man with fire breath," Schmidt muses aloud. Ingots and emeralds go in party treasure, are the scrolls and vials easily opened? No runes or wax seals or anything? If so, Schmidt takes a look at the scrolls.
There are no markings. The vials contain a gold-colored liquid that smells a bit acrid. Both cases contain scrolls - one is a ward against undead, the other scroll has some mage spells on it, but you are not sure what they are.

I'll take 100gp off the top for magic item identification back in town, or if you feel lucky, you can test potions at any time by tasting a small bit :lol:

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

jcftao wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:40 pm
OOC--Does the podium look valuable and light enough for a burly barbarian to carry out of this dungeon?
He's thinking that finely crafted furniture with secret compartments will fetch a few gold pieces.
He thinks he could carry it out over his shoulder (ref note - but it would be very bulky and slow his movement to 3"). You notice there is gold trim around the top, which looks like it can be peeled off with some effort. You think that could be melted down into ingot form once you get back to town.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Cedric looks at the bulky podium and decides to carve the gold trim off of it.

"I hope those wizards won't be coming back to use this anytime soon."

"Maybe I should carve 'Berthod the Bold was here' "?

rredmond

Post by rredmond »

jcftao wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:38 pm
Holy Schmidt may need to get suspenders to go with that belt.
Great, now I've got a solid picture of Schmidt as Santa in my head, it cannot be undone.
merias wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:22 pm
There are no markings. The vials contain a gold-colored liquid that smells a bit acrid. Both cases contain scrolls - one is a ward against undead, the other scroll has some mage spells on it, but you are not sure what they are.

I'll take 100gp off the top for magic item identification back in town, or if you feel lucky, you can test potions at any time by tasting a small bit :lol:
"This will be helpful," Schmidt pockets the protection scroll, "and this will fetch some decent coin," as he pockets the MU scroll. This is a pretty good haul, if we are leaving now I say we spring for the identification of the potions.
Holy Schmidt He swears by his pretty floral bonnet...
Cure Light Wounds -- 3/3
Hold Person — 1/1
Updated: 4/16/2024
Bind wounds for 1d3 after each combat

rredmond

Post by rredmond »

jcftao wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:31 pm
"Maybe I should carve 'Berthod the Bold was here' "?
"Hells yeah," Schmidt answers. "Should we head back to the surface and check out what we've gained? Or continue to push our luck?"
Actually not too far from second level ;)
Holy Schmidt He swears by his pretty floral bonnet...
Cure Light Wounds -- 3/3
Hold Person — 1/1
Updated: 4/16/2024
Bind wounds for 1d3 after each combat

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Berthold says, Let’s head back. We need to bury our dead. We can return tomorrow.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

We need some elves in here to go with our jolly old Schmidt.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Is the consensus to return to town?