Delve #2

Old dungeon delves will go here.

Moderator: merias

greyarea

Re: Delve #2

Post by greyarea »

Berthold steps in boldly. I didn’t realize there were others, good knight. I am Berthold. My friends call me Bert. What will you be calling me, eh?

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

greyarea wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:30 pm
Berthold steps in boldly. I didn’t realize there were others, good knight. I am Berthold. My friends call me Bert. What will you be calling me, eh?
"That is up to you, I'm Rory, hardly a knight, just a toll collector for the second level." Rory turns and points at the door behind him, which you can now see has "SECOND LEVEL" written on it in large red stencil letters. There is a small strongbox next to him on the floor. "My friends and I," at this he pauses and hooks his thumb to the east, "keep the riff-raff out, the toll is 10gp per person to go past this door. Had a group of six go down yesterday, haven't heard from them though. Pox himself might be having some fun with them."

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Who is this Pox, Rory? And who employs you?

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

greyarea wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:03 pm
Who is this Pox, Rory? And who employs you?
"Pox? He's the mage who has the run of the place. I wouldn't say I work for anyone, just me and my friends here, although Pox takes a cut. Not a bad gig if you can get it. That's a lot of questions, Bert, you fellas gonna pay up or what? Not that I recommend you hit the second level just yet, by the looks of it, you are all a bit green."

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Cedric says, "Who do you think you are? Show me your claim on this dungeon or stand aside!"

Magremore

Post by Magremore »

Bel'xor shrugs. "Plenty more of the first floor to explore!" Will wait to see what the rest of the party does though!

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Berthold says, I see no reason to quarrel nor give up our gold at this time. Bel’xor is right. There is more for us to explore here. Let us go east.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Cedric looks at the party..."Hmmm, there's more than enough of us to rush him. We needn't kill the bugger, just grab him and relieve him of his sword and armor. I will parry his swing and then you other fellows grab him. This may be the best idea or the worst idea I've ever had!"

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

jcftao wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:08 pm
Cedric says, "Who do you think you are? Show me your claim on this dungeon or stand aside!"
I'll assume with this statement that Cedric pushed his way into the room, to stand with Berthold. The rest of the party is still in the hallway outside the room. Let me know if this was not your intent, or where people were moving.
jcftao wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:39 pm
Cedric looks at the party..."Hmmm, there's more than enough of us to rush him. We needn't kill the bugger, just grab him and relieve him of his sword and armor. I will parry his swing and then you other fellows grab him. This may be the best idea or the worst idea I've ever had!"
[ :lol: possible confrontation incoming...rolling DEX on the spot for Rory and his companions: Rory: 3d6 = 17 Other men: 3d6 = 12]

"I can hear you, you know, you should listen to Bert here and move along," Rory says, putting hand to lips and whistling. The door to the east opens as Rory raises his sword...

Actions? Order by DEX would be: Rory, Cedric, Bel'xor, Berthod, Other men, Wennic, Otto, Bonner, Schmidt

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Hey, you called me Bert, Rory! Well met.

Let’s come back later, Cedric. We have much more to explore here.