Delve #4

Old dungeon delves will go here.

Moderator: merias

merias
Site Admin

Re: Delve #4

Post by merias »

The sack contains 840gp, 400sp, an iron cooking pot inside of which is a very moldy, half-eaten cheese wheel, a stone jar of honey, a large leg bone of some sort, a dirty bedroll, and an Ogre-sized loin cloth.

Actions?

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

"We'll split up the loot, I'll take the gold and Berthold can have the loin cloth!" Cedric chuckles, thinking the jest was funnier than it actually is.

OOC--if we are burdened with loot, perhaps we need to carry this back to town and rest up? I'd hate to stash it here and have something swipe it.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

The sack was unwieldy mostly due to the other junk in it. Under the encumbrance house rules, one person can carry 1200 coins or equivalent, adjusted for STR (there are 1240 coins in the sack). So if you split up the coin loot, it won't slow you down at all.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Berthold tosses the cheese to Cedric (it’s about as good as your joke, he adds with a wink) and then divides the coin into two roughly equal piles for the fighting men to carry — assuming they are the stronger so it makes sense for them to heft the coin. If others complain, he makes more piles.

Someone should probably take a peek down the ladder, he suggests as he works. And maybe put something heavy, like that ogre corpse, on top of the trap door afterwards. I have a feeling this sack was keeping someone… or something, out.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Cedric shakes his head at all the coins, "What would a zombie ogre need with all this loot? You'd think after turning into a zombie he'd have carried something lighter, like bitcoin?!" :lol:

rredmond

Post by rredmond »

"Let's light the zombogre on fire and drop him down," Schmidt says, taking a look down the ladder, "we can see what's down there, and if something is down there, we'll give it a bit of a shock.".
Holy Schmidt He swears by his pretty floral bonnet...
Cure Light Wounds -- 2/3
Hold Person — 1/1
Updated: 3/23/2024
Bind wounds for 1d3 after each combat

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Cedric chimes in, "I like that idea! Will have an ogre bonfire!"

JimboJimbo

Post by JimboJimbo »

Bit of cheese toasted over that Barbecued big boy? Count me in!

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Looking at the 3' wide hole and the Ogre zombie, you all wonder if the Ogre will even fit through the opening, or if it might get caught up on the ladder. :think:

It might be a tight fit... do you still want to try? Let me know the general plan if so.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

I don’t even think the big guy will fit, Berthold says. And if he’s down there then he can’t secure the trap door from up here. No, I think we need to come up with a different scheme. Maybe wrap on of those skeletons in the canvas if you really want to light a body up.