Delve #4

Old dungeon delves will go here.

Moderator: merias

Locked
User avatar
merias
Site Admin
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:37 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Contact:

Re: Delve #4

Post by merias »

The door looks normal to Salty, or was at one time, before it rotted away. He pulls on it and it falls aside with a wet thump into several pieces, leaving the doorway open. He sees the room beyond is small and mostly taken up by the stream, which runs under the wall across from him.

You all hear some shrieks and growls, and several monkey-like creatures with long claws on both hands and feet converge on Salty. There may be more creatures in the room by the sounds - these three are crawling on the walls inside of the opening and about to swarm the Halfling.

Surpise? d6=1,1 - you are surprised by the ferocity of the attack, while the monkey-creatures are surprised by the door falling away.

DEX of monkeys is 3d6=10. Order of actions is Cedric, Salty, Berthod, Suspos, Monkeys (simultaneous with Suspos), Heimer, Schmidt.

Here are the positions I think you would have approaching the door, let me know if they have to change and what your actions are. If you stay in the doorway, only two can attack in front with Heimer and his spear behind.

Image

User avatar
greyarea
Posts: 1548
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:17 am

Re: Delve #4

Post by greyarea »

Berthold says, Back up from the doorway, Salty. You, me, and Cedric can be the front rank. Heimer, we need help from the rear!

He will slash at any monkey (other thank Salty) that gets in range but wants the line here and not the doorway.

User avatar
jcftao
Posts: 2239
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:52 am
Contact:

Re: Delve #4

Post by jcftao »

With a demonic howl, Cedric jumps in the midst of the monkey troop and slashes viciously left and right.

JimboJimbo
Posts: 467
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:59 am

Re: Delve #4

Post by JimboJimbo »

greyarea wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:58 am

He will slash at any monkey (other thank Salty) that gets in range but wants the line here and not the doorway.
:lol:

Salty drops back beside Berthold, pulling his dagger and gets ready to cut some gubbins to ribbons

User avatar
rredmond
Posts: 468
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:17 pm
Location: South Jersey
Contact:

Re: Delve #4

Post by rredmond »

Heimer can poke in with his spear, from the rear. Schmidt makes sure no one sneaks up from behind, and that the MU isn't in any danger.
Holy Schmidt He swears by his pretty floral bonnet...
Cure Light Wounds -- 3/3
Hold Person — 1/1
Updated: 4/16/2024
Bind wounds for 1d3 after each combat

User avatar
merias
Site Admin
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:37 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Contact:

Re: Delve #4

Post by merias »

Salty falls back with Berthold, while Cedric moves forward to present a line against the creatures. Heimer has his spear ready from the second rank.

As you move into position, three other monkeys emerge screeching from the room, now six total.

Image

Of the three of you in the front line, only Cedric is able to wound one of the creatures.

Four of the monkeys swarm onto Cedric, and three manage to sink their claws into the gaps in his armor, holding fast but not yet drawing blood. Two monkeys swipe at Berthold, but are not able to latch on.

You hear Suspos intoning the words to a spell, and all six monkeys fall asleep (the three on Cedric are still latched onto his armor). At the same time, Salty and Heimer collapse to the cavern floor, also asleep.

All is quiet but for the snoring.

Status:

One monkey is wounded but all the monkeys are asleep. Salty and Heimer are also asleep.

Actions?

Code: Select all

+-----------+---------+
|Name       |HP       |
+-----------+---------+
|Salty      |5/5      |
+-----------+---------+
|Schmidt    |14/14    |
+-----------+---------+
|Cedric     |10/13    |
+-----------+---------+
|Berthold   |12/13    |
+-----------+---------+
|Suspos     |5/5      |
+-----------+---------+
|Heimer     |6/6      |
+-----------+---------+
Mechanics:

Order of actions is Cedric, Salty, Berthold, Suspos, Monkeys (simultaneous with Suspos), Heimer, Schmidt.

Round 1:
Cedric vs. monkey: d20+2=21 HIT for d8+1=3 dmg (wounding one)
Berthold vs. monkey: d20+2=7 MISS
Salty vs. monkey: d20=11 MISS

Monkeys attack in groups (d3=1 Cedric, d3=2 Berthold).

Four monkeys swarm onto Cedric and the remaining two attack Berthold.

Monkeys vs. Cedric: d20+1 x 4=2,18,18,19 for 3 HITs the monkeys latch on to Cedric but do no damage this round.
Monkeys vs. Berthold: d20+1 x 2=9,8 MISS

Suspos (simultaneous with the monkeys) casts a sleep spell. It affects (which of the 1HD vs. 2HD creature groups, d6=1 so 1HD) 4d4=11 1 HD creatures, which is all the monkeys as well as Salty and Heimer.

User avatar
greyarea
Posts: 1548
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:17 am

Re: Delve #4

Post by greyarea »

Berthold kills the sleeping monkeys.

We should dock Heimer’s pay for napping on the job, he quips as he wakes Salty.

User avatar
rredmond
Posts: 468
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:17 pm
Location: South Jersey
Contact:

Re: Delve #4

Post by rredmond »

Schmidt helps in the skull bashing and coup-de-gracing and wakes up Heimer.
He makes sure to bind Cedric's wounds.
Holy Schmidt He swears by his pretty floral bonnet...
Cure Light Wounds -- 3/3
Hold Person — 1/1
Updated: 4/16/2024
Bind wounds for 1d3 after each combat

JimboJimbo
Posts: 467
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:59 am

Re: Delve #4

Post by JimboJimbo »

But mum, I don't want to go to school Salty moans as Berthold slaps him awake.

Oh. Oh no! he groans as realises where he is.

Cheeks flushing red, he checks his britches for damp patches.

suppose your cologne is good for something, Tholdy. Does it send the ladies to sleep too?

User avatar
greyarea
Posts: 1548
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:17 am

Re: Delve #4

Post by greyarea »

Been told my breath wakes ‘em up, actually, replies Berthold. Let’s see what those creepy crawlies were hoarding, shall we?

Once the dirty work is done and everyone roused, we’ll check out the monkey house room for treasure.

Locked