Delve #4

Old dungeon delves will go here.

Moderator: merias

greyarea

Re: Delve #4

Post by greyarea »

Berthold brushes bonemeal and shards from himself and grabs the sack from the corner. Let’s vacate this place before ugly over there decides he’s not afraid of the gods anymore…

JimboJimbo

Post by JimboJimbo »

I hate to say it, but Tholdy's got a point.

rredmond

Post by rredmond »

”Let’s make sure to shut that door on our way out, just in case,” Schmidt says with a smile.
Holy Schmidt He swears by his pretty floral bonnet...
Cure Light Wounds -- 3/3
Hold Person — 1/1
Updated: 4/16/2024
Bind wounds for 1d3 after each combat

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

greyarea wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 7:04 pm
Berthold brushes bonemeal and shards from himself and grabs the sack from the corner. Let’s vacate this place before ugly over there decides he’s not afraid of the gods anymore…
The sack is large and seems like it would have been a good fit for an Ogre. It is bulky and Berthold can hear coins clinking when he picks it up.

When he does so, he can see that there is a wooden trap door on the floor that was partially concealed by the sack. It is about 3 feet square and has two rusted iron rings sticking up from it and bits of rusted chain scattered around it on the floor.

Actions? The Ogre still cowers in the far corner, for now.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Berthold pauses when he see the trap door. He declares to the others: I have another idea. We can’t just leave this monstrosity here to terrorize others now, can we boys? I say we all dispatch the undead ogre quickly— slew should be able to get in a few good whacks before he overcomes his fear of the gods. Then we’ve gone a good deed for all of the realm.

And we can check out this here trap door I’ve just come across. And who knows what treasure is hidden in there, right?

JimboJimbo

Post by JimboJimbo »

starter using that mutton lump between your ears, Tholdy. I like it!

How about I plink it with a couple of darts while it runs towards us, jump out of the way when it's close enough for you lumbering oxen to take over. While you'reall having a face party, I'll introduce it to the joys of ankle pain with me dagger?

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

It’s a zombie, hobbit. It probably doesn’t care about your ankle biting.

If you really think slashing its sinews will be effective then why don’t you start off with that instead of throwing things at it. Like the skeletons that I crushed, no thanks to you, he likely needs no ligaments or muscles or anything like that to move about. He’s animated by dark forces, not flesh and blood.

But go ahead and try, little guy. I’ll just take this sack to the door just in case your grand scheme doesn’t pan out.

And Berthold lugs the sack up the small flight and to the doorway.

rredmond

Post by rredmond »

“Looks like there’s enough room for three or four to plunk it with missile weapons at the same time. To get the first attack and soften it up, then we can surround it and finish it off.” Schmidt says in, he hopes, a wise manner.
Holy Schmidt He swears by his pretty floral bonnet...
Cure Light Wounds -- 3/3
Hold Person — 1/1
Updated: 4/16/2024
Bind wounds for 1d3 after each combat

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Cedric nods in agreement.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Cedric mentions, "I have 4 yards of good and strong canvas. Might we use it to lay a trap for the creature? We could attempt to pull the canvas out from under him as he shambles toward us...that is, after missiles have been fired? Otherwise, I could throw the cloth over him and we can all jump on it, stabbing any exposed ogre parts?!"