Delve #7 Aftermath

Old dungeon delves will go here.

Moderator: merias

greyarea

Re: Delve #7 Aftermath

Post by greyarea »

Can Uz just buy scrolls from the local scrollmonger?

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Berthold adds 3 to his HP.

JimboJimbo

Post by JimboJimbo »

250xp for sweet-talking a dragon? Thanks Doug! That puts salty up to third level and the dice gods award him a massive 1hp. Hurrah!

Out of curiousity, is the dragon scale big enough to be crafted into halfling armour?

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Make a shield out of it like in Dragonslayer.

I had a DM allow me to have armor made from a dragon we slew. He fudged and it was presented to me after the big climatic battle (which itself was epic). So no in-game advantages.

JimboJimbo

Post by JimboJimbo »

greyarea wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:44 pm

I had a DM allow me to have armor made from a dragon we slew. He fudged and it was presented to me after the big climatic battle (which itself was epic). So no in-game advantages.
Shield is my next option. I figured it might benefit Tholdy if we end up tangling with my frosty new friend.

Man, either your DM hates you or has ab epic sense of humour :lol:

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

greyarea wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:11 pm
Can Uz just buy scrolls from the local scrollmonger?
:lol: No scrollmongers, but maybe a local mage would take pity on poor Uz and sell him a scroll or two at a "slight" markup? I'll say a 2 in 6 chance [d6=6], so no scrolls are available for purchase.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

JimboJimbo wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:27 pm
greyarea wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:44 pm

Shield is my next option. I figured it might benefit Tholdy if we end up tangling with my frosty new friend.

Man, either your DM hates you or has ab epic sense of humour :lol:
It's not big enough for armor...maybe a buckler, but thieves can't use shields. Might be big enough for a chest plate? I'd say he could have it broken up into pieces and have them attached as smaller scales to the front of his leather cuirass, without too much gain in weight. It would confer a +2 bonus to any saving throws against cold-based attacks (including white dragon breath), and give +1 to his AC versus missiles. It would also be good for bragging rights. How does that sound? This would be highly specialized work, so we'll say finding an armorer who would do that and paying for it would take 500gp in total.

Edit: Thought of something that might be more heroic - normally a dragon's breath weapon is auto-hit, and the save is for half damage. We can say that this chest plate doesn't give you a saving throw bonus vs. white dragon breath, but if you do save - it means no damage, and only half damage if you don't. If you want to do this instead, we won't give you the AC bonus vs. missiles. Let me know which you prefer!

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

JimboJimbo wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:33 pm
250xp for sweet-talking a dragon? Thanks Doug! That puts salty up to third level and the dice gods award him a massive 1hp. Hurrah!
:lol: :lol: :lol: You guys are not killing it with the HP rolls!

JimboJimbo

Post by JimboJimbo »

The bonus to save option is pretty cool, but isn't going to wreck game balance. Thanks Doug :D

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

We'll probably get started on the next delve next week. In the meantime, let me know if anyone wants to purchase anything special, and we'll see if it is available in town.