A Swords & Wizardry Complete Sandbox

Moderator: badams30

badams30

Re: OOC Chat

Post by badams30 »

tumblingdice wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:43 am
Albrecht is ready to kick some butt!
Thanks! And hey - no hurries here, we all have real life stuff so no worries if we are delayed. Ill get first official post up later today!

badams30

Post by badams30 »

I think Kane and I are separated at birth, we both prepare for trips the same way.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Hey guys, I'll get a post up tonight or tomorrow. I got laid off on Tuesday, so just busy the past couple days getting some resumes sent out and that sort of thing. Thanks!

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

badams30 wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:16 pm
Hey guys, I'll get a post up tonight or tomorrow. I got laid off on Tuesday, so just busy the past couple days getting some resumes sent out and that sort of thing. Thanks!
That really sucks! I'm sorry you're having to deal with this, again. :(

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

No problem, Brandon. To echo Rik's sentiments, that really sucks. Hang in there, and take your time! Fantasy characters and creatures can wait.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

THanks guys. This time it seems a bit less stressful than others - thankfully my employer is paying me through the 4th of April, then 10 addition weeks. I'll still get my quarterly bonus (prorated) and unpaid PTO, plus they've secured the services of some career service that will help us with resume and cover letter writing and guarantees they'll work with you till you find a job, so that's cool.
Also, I had an interview on the day after my layoff, and that led to a second interview on the coming Monday with the CEO and CIO, so keeping my fingers crossed. Had two other initial interviews as of today, and I've been a whirlwind of resumes and applications since Tuesday. So I'm keeping my chin up and remaining optimistic.

Keep your fingers crossed! Hopefully this is a short jobless episode.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

badams30 wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:51 pm
THanks guys. This time it seems a bit less stressful than others - thankfully my employer is paying me through the 4th of April, then 10 addition weeks. I'll still get my quarterly bonus (prorated) and unpaid PTO, plus they've secured the services of some career service that will help us with resume and cover letter writing and guarantees they'll work with you till you find a job, so that's cool.
Also, I had an interview on the day after my layoff, and that led to a second interview on the coming Monday with the CEO and CIO, so keeping my fingers crossed. Had two other initial interviews as of today, and I've been a whirlwind of resumes and applications since Tuesday. So I'm keeping my chin up and remaining optimistic.

Keep your fingers crossed! Hopefully this is a short jobless episode.
:thumbup: :clap: fingers-crossed!

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Okay, sounds like everyone has made purchases, etc. Make sure you update your character sheets. If no other actions, I'll summarize the day, wrap it up and we'll move forward to the next morning so you can set off and get to some adventuring!

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

badams30 wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:38 pm
Okay, sounds like everyone has made purchases, etc. Make sure you update your character sheets. If no other actions, I'll summarize the day, wrap it up and we'll move forward to the next morning so you can set off and get to some adventuring!
Added the poultice to my character sheet.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Hey everyone, I'm not throwing in the towel, I'm planning on a post to get you guys moving toward the unknown shortly! Been a bit tied up with trying to find a new job, doing some contract work, and my kids seem to have 100's of appointments the past couple weeks. So hang in there- we're going to get moving. HONEST!