Chapter 1: We're off to see the wizard

A Swords & Wizardry Complete Sandbox

Moderator: badams30

badams30

Re: Chapter 1: We're off to see the wizard

Post by badams30 »

Albrecht senses that the thing is trying to communicate something, but it's just falling short. It keeps asking to be freed and mentioning a stone, over and over. Something about a stone that is gone but responsible for this (whatever this is)

Theo shakes his head and says "I kinda feel bad for this guy. He's a mess. Friar, do you have some kinda prayer or something that could make this guy at peace or whatever it's called? He doesn't seem bad, maybe 'cause he's missing his hands, but he seems pretty down on his luck. I'd like to help him, but I don't know nothing about dead guys."

The skeleton sits there, just repeating the same things over and over. It doesn't seem to be interested to trying to move on its own or go anywhere.

kipper

Post by kipper »

"Well, my friend," Kane says to the skeleton, "if we find this stone we may return. But for now, good-bye."

Unless anyone else has any good ideas, let us proceed onwards.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

kipper wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 7:57 pm
"Well, my friend," Kane says to the skeleton, "if we find this stone we may return. But for now, good-bye."

Unless anyone else has any good ideas, let us proceed onwards.
Zapolas feels sad, but - ultimately - agrees that there seems nothing to be done about it. He waves goodbye to the skellie.

***Zapolas's internal dialogue... he would make a cool pet!

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

Albrecht thinks. Well, I don't see any sense in trying to heal him of his wounds, since he's already dead. I could try to give him a blessing to avoid any further harm, though.

The cleric casts a bless spell upon the poor skeleton.

OC: So glad I went back and checked your house rules, Brandon. RAW, 1st level clerics don't get any spells; nice of you to grant me a free CLW or bless spell once per day.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

tumblingdice wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 3:49 pm
Albrecht thinks. Well, I don't see any sense in trying to heal him of his wounds [...]
:lol: :lol: :lol:

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Albrecht casts bless on the skeleton, and he hears the voice in his head one last time. "Thannnkkkk youuuuu... freeeeeee....." And the bones that were once animated fall to the ground in a small pile.

Theo starts to dig a small hole near the tree, shrugging and says "Poor fella, I'm gonna dig him a little hole here and put all his bones in it."

Unless anyone objects or interrupts him, Theo digs a shallow hole near the tree and gently gathers and places the bones in it. Once he fills it in, he softly packs the earth and places the remnants of the dead man's gear atop the modest grave.

Proceed over the slight rise to see what's on the other side? Or any other actions prior?

kipper

Post by kipper »

"We'd still better keep a wary eye out for that stone," Kane comments, "I don't want to end up like that guy!"

I'm ready to continue on.

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

Right, that's that, then, Albrecht concludes, pleased but trying to stay humble. Let's be off, shall we? He'll gather his gear and then set off over the rise.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Leaving Mr Bones to his (hopefully) eternal rest, you crest the rise, and nestled in a depression between a jagged ring of low hills sits the crumbling remains of a tower, the walls of a mostly destroyed outbuilding, and you can make out a few piles of stones that would indicate a couple other structures that are long gone. Trees poke out from various locations in the depression, but its mostly just scrubby weeds with endless trees visible all around the top of the hills. While the tower is in obvious disrepair, the banded oaken door on the front appears to be closed and in much better condition than the rest of the structures.

Taking in the site, you gather that some of these ruins have been destroyed long before the last occupant moved in here. It doesn’t take an architect to see this is an ancient structure.

The top of the tower and some small areas on the sides have collapsed, and small glimpses of rotten timbers and stones peek out from within, along with an odd bush or moss that has found a home in the ruined stonework. Some of the outlying rubble piles are as tall as s person, and obscured/overrun with bushes and weeds. To conduct a thorough search of the general area will likely take the rest of the day.
You see nothing of interest other than what has been described, and no movement, not even critters.
(Sorry for the poor quality art. I’m no Piccaso.)
Attachments
IMG_1804.jpeg

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

Zapolas

Zapolas surveys the area, "Well... may as well get to searchin!" he says enthusiastically as he begins to thoroughly search the surrounding ruins.

Dude, your drawing looks awesome!