Chapter 1: We're off to see the wizard

A Swords & Wizardry Complete Sandbox

Moderator: badams30

tumblingdice

Re: Chapter 1: We're off to see the wizard

Post by tumblingdice »

Albrecht rises, brushing the dust and dirt from his leggings. Kane is right. Let's proceed out of here with caution. If the gods favor us, the goblins will be asleep this time of day.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

What is all this 'caution' about?! <channels John Bender> ...

"I wanna be an Airborne Ranger! I wanna live the life of danger!!"

Zapolas
Zapolas agrees, "Yes... caution, caution for sure."

badams30

Post by badams30 »

connivingsumo wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:14 pm
What is all this 'caution' about?! <channels John Bender> ...

"I wanna be an Airborne Ranger! I wanna live the life of danger!!"

Zapolas
Zapolas agrees, "Yes... caution, caution for sure."
Oh great, now you've got me singing cadences in my head. Thanks. MPs weren't known for the best cadences, we stole the good ones from the infantry and airborne guys....

badams30

Post by badams30 »

You carefully make your way back through the downstairs, pausing to listen at each intersection and doorway. Theo peeks in the doorway where the goblins were deposited and shuts it quickly. "There's at least 8 big beetles eating those goblins right now. They didn't even pay attention to me."

Continuing on, you make your way back to the stairs, and Theo goes first, gently pushing on the trapdoor. He strains for a second, then the door opens, followed by a noise of some debris sliding off the door above you. Peeking for a moment, Theo says "I don't see or hear anything." And he goes up through the door, drawing his sword.

He returns about 30 seconds later and says "I don't see anyone. But something has been in here since we were last up here."

As you all make it up into the room, you can see lots of tracks in the wet, mossy and mildewed floor, and a lot of the rubbish and debris has been scattered about. It appears that a lot of rubbish was tossed directly on the trapdoor, which as apparently unnoticed.

You are all in the room with the trapdoor. You hear nothing, and aside from a slight view into the hallway and the room you originally entered from, you see nothing except evidence of someone having rummaged through this level of the tower. It was messy before, now it's total chaos. Judging by the light outside, you'd assume it's about 8AM or thereabouts. Plenty of time for you to make it back to the town now that you you aren't searching and going slower.

actions?

kipper

Post by kipper »

Kane is not in favour of stopping to investigate. However, he wants to continue moving cautiously until we get out of the immediate vicinity of the tower. Then pick up the pace back to town.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

Zapolas is also in favor of scooting back to town in the most direct manner.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

You make good time (cautiously of course) for the next couple hours till you come up to the thick oak grove immediately before the clearing that opens up to the river and crossing to the main path/road.

As you approach the small break in the vines and trees, Kane motions for the party to pause.

kipper

Post by kipper »

"Ambush!" Kane hisses quietly. "I saw some little f***er in there, there must be more. Maybe you wanna try your spell now?", he asks Zapolas.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

Zapolas
kipper wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:14 pm
"Maybe you wanna try your spell now?", he asks Zapolas.
The scrawny Elf nods in agreement. Trying not to look scared, the undersized Elf meets the challenge.

Zapolas will wait until the most optimal moment for his Sleep spell.

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

Albrecht readies his flail.

OC: Hey guys, please NPC Albrecht for the time being. I'm going out on paternity leave, and need to be on duty for my family during the next six weeks. Wish us luck.