Chapter 1: We're off to see the wizard

A Swords & Wizardry Complete Sandbox

Moderator: badams30

kipper

Re: Chapter 1: We're off to see the wizard

Post by kipper »

"Tell you what, we've got this thing we're doing right now," Kane says. "When we're done, we'll think about it and come back. That's all you're going to get, take it or leave it."

badams30

Post by badams30 »

The kobold translates Kane's response to the chieftan, who nods his head and says a few words that the other translates.
"Chief Gruk says that is fair. Just return here if you decide to help us. He wishes you luck on your journey."

The kobolds grunt a goodbye, and they go back into the treeline, and your path is unobstructed. You make your way to the creek and cross the small bridge before getting back on the path to Moosburg. The rest of your journey is uneventful, and you arrive back at the village at dusk. Townsfolk wave at Theo and he says hello as you make your way toward the center of town.

Hopwood smiles broadly and says "I didn't think I'd see another sunrise, I am indebted to you all. The goblins took all my things, but I promise I'll repay you for your intervention. It's been a while since I've been in town, but I'm going to go to the gasthaus and see if Rudi can put me up for the night. Maybe I'll see you all later." And the halfling skips off to the gasthaus.

The sun is setting, lights are coming on in the homes of the town, and the already sparse street is clearing out for the night. Where would you like to go or what would you like to do?

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

badams30 wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:51 pm
Townsfolk wave at Theo and he says hello as you make your way toward the center of town.
Zapolas nods zealously at the Townsfolk, "Yeah! You should've seen him; he cut down two goblins all on his own!"
badams30 wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:51 pm
Hopwood smiles broadly and says "I didn't think I'd see another sunrise, I am indebted to you all. The goblins took all my things, but I promise I'll repay you for your intervention. It's been a while since I've been in town, but I'm going to go to the gasthaus and see if Rudi can put me up for the night. Maybe I'll see you all later." And the halfling skips off to the gasthaus.

The sun is setting, lights are coming on in the homes of the town, and the already sparse street is clearing out for the night. Where would you like to go or what would you like to do?
Zapolas gives Hopwood 5gp (Deducted from Character Sheet). "Maybe we should just follow Hopwood to Gasthaus for the evening?"

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

Albrecht, amused by Kane's handling of the kobolds back in the woods, smiles at Zapolas' suggestion. Gasthaus sounds good. First round's on me!

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

tumblingdice wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:15 pm
Albrecht[...] smiles at Zapolas' suggestion. Gasthaus sounds good. First round's on me!
"YAY! DRINKS!!"

kipper

Post by kipper »

Kane stands momentarily aghast. His plan was to deliver the book immediately, if the old man wants it so bad he will have no problem on the hour of its return. However, the offer of a free drink finally seeps in and he readily assents to Albrecht's plan.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Hopwood shakes Zapolas' hand and thanks him for his generosity "Much obliged, I'll pay you back, you can count on it!" And you all make your way to the gasthaus, Theo as well. "I'll head to my folks house later. I could use a cold one" the burly fighter says.

Your party enters the gasthaus, which has about 10 patrons eating and drinking. All look to be normal townsfolk. And as luck would have it, Sigfried the wizard is seated at the bar, and he smiles as you all enter.

Your host Rudi starts speaking to Hopwood, who seems to know the innkeep. Two of the servants come to take your orders and motion you toward the big table near the fire. Sigfried comes over to join you and says "Welcome back, I hope things went well. You're back sooner than I expected." He looks over all of you, then says "we can talk business tomorrow if you wish, for now, lets get you all fed. I see you've picked up Mr Hopwood, I'm interested to hear how you made his company."

The servants offer the usual, nice cold ale, hearty meat and potatoes and veggie dishes, soup, or some fresh trout. They also have wine and other items as you'd expect. As Hopwood finishes speaking with Rudi he comes over and asks if he can join you. Theo makes a space for him, and he greets Sigfried as well.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

badams30 wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:24 pm
Hopwood shakes Zapolas' hand and thanks him for his generosity "Much obliged, I'll pay you back, you can count on it!" And you all make your way to the gasthaus, Theo as well. "I'll head to my folks house later. I could use a cold one" the burly fighter says.
"There's no need to pay me back; what's important is you're here for your friends and family."

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

Albrecht thanks Rudi and Sigfried for their generosity, then digs into a mug of ale, his efforts to buy a round for his companions temporarily cock-blocked by the DM's well-documented pampering of his PCs whenever they're in town.

But we love you for it, Brandon. I think you missed your calling as an innkeeper. :)

badams30

Post by badams30 »

tumblingdice wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:02 pm
Albrecht thanks Rudi and Sigfried for their generosity, then digs into a mug of ale, his efforts to buy a round for his companions temporarily cock-blocked by the DM's well-documented pampering of his PCs whenever they're in town.

But we love you for it, Brandon. I think you missed your calling as an innkeeper. :)
Awww, shucks. When my high-class tavern, "The Dumpster Diving Opossum" opens, you guys will be the guests of honor!