Delve #8 - Berthold's Dalliance with Disquietude

Old dungeon delves will go here.

Moderator: merias

merias
Site Admin

Delve #8 - Berthold's Dalliance with Disquietude

Post by merias »

Berthold runs south down a twisty corridor, confronting a humanoid creature by a door, accompanied by a wolf on a chain. The creature challenges Berthold - "Halt or I'll run you through!".

[This may be enough to snap Berthold from his unnatural fear- d20=17, so yes, the fear spell is broken!]

Berthold suddenly realizes he is not in the altar room with his companions any more...he does not know where he is, although he can only go back north, or south through the door.

The creature in front of him is about Berthold's size, and has a disfigured face, pointed ears and crooked fangs. The creature drops the chain holding back his wolf companion, and draws two swords. The wolf growls.

Actions?

greyarea

Re: Delve #8 - Berthold's Dalliance with Disquietude

Post by greyarea »

Berthold stops and catches his breath. I mean you no harm, stranger. Call me Berthold. I appear to have been misled by those that would do me harm.

He does not make a move to his weapon, although he is ready in case of treachery.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

greyarea wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:31 pm
Berthold stops and catches his breath. I mean you no harm, stranger. Call me Berthold. I appear to have been misled by those that would do me harm.

He does not make a move to his weapon, although he is ready in case of treachery.
[reaction 2d6=8 - uncertain]

The creature responds, "There is nothing for you here, turn back!" Berthold can see the creature relax a bit, although he still looks ready to fight.

Actions? We'll pause here as the events continue in the cursed altar room!

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Berthold nods and retreats, eyes flicking between the path north and the foes to the south

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Berthold retreats north [2d6+2=9], the creature watching him closely as Berthold moves out of sight. The creature does not pursue him.

The corridor north twists east and then north again, coming to a door.

Actions? Assuming Berthold wants to rejoin his companions, if he opens the door he will be with them after one more round of melee.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Berthold opens the door.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

[d6=1] Berthold wastes no time opening the door this time around. He can now see Salty and Schmidt fighting the ruby-eyed, fire-breathing skeleton in the center of the room.

Back to the other thread!