Who's in on the Upcoming KS?

Discuss Swords & Wizardry Complete - Rules questions, commentary, house rules
Persimmon

Who's in on the Upcoming KS?

Post by Persimmon »

So it looks like the KS for the new Mythmere edition will be launching in the next 10 days or so. Even better, James Spahn will be writing some kind of swamp-based into adventure. And Matt has said that he's likely going to do an "Unearthed Arcana" style supplement with extra classes and the like down the road before too long. I was kind of on the fence about buying in on a new edition, but this has gotten me excited about backing it.

We finished Necropolis back around Christmas and will be getting into Cyclopean Deeps over the summer, after wrapping up some other campaigns. Then maybe I'll finally try and tackle City of Brass when my new book arrives.

Who else is excited for the new edition and what are your plans?
"Behind closed eyes, realize your sight."--Blue Oyster Cult

merias
Site Admin

Re: Who's in on the Upcoming KS?

Post by merias »

I'm still on the fence...obviously I love S&W, but it seemed like it will be mostly the same as the last version, and the planned cover art on the POD edition does not inspire me like the other covers do. That said, I think the one bigger change he is making is a rework of the treasure system, which is long overdue. So we'll see how it looks when it launches, the Spahn adventure might tip me over the edge.

JimboJimbo

Complete Kickstarter

Post by JimboJimbo »

Kickstarter for Mythmere's new edition is live. PDF is a very reasonable $5. Here's the link:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ad ... 20wizardry

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

[Just a note that I merged the two complete kickstarter topics into one]

I backed it just for the digital copy of the revised rules with the two adventures, which was $17 USD.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

I backed it for the premium version (with print) I think it was like $129 for everything. Can't wait to see it.

Persimmon

Post by Persimmon »

Got a bunch of S&W modules yesterday from Noble Knight. Will string them together in a campaign once we finish Cyclopean Deeps unless we decide to tackle City of Brass first.
"Behind closed eyes, realize your sight."--Blue Oyster Cult

Jason_WPGL

Post by Jason_WPGL »

I backed for the premium edition and James M. Spahn's introductory adventure. I have a copy of the core rules from Lulu and nearly bought the box set from Frog God.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
www.WPGLodge.com

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Jason_WPGL wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 3:04 pm
I backed for the premium edition and James M. Spahn's introductory adventure. I have a copy of the core rules from Lulu and nearly bought the box set from Frog God.
I really liked the box set, but it's so nice I don't want to use it.

Attronarch

Post by Attronarch »

Revised PDF looks really good. Possibly the best layout to date. There were some small errors, which I reported to Matt, so hopefully they get ironed out before the books are printed. Very excited about their upcoming books as well, especially the city tables reprint and UA-style compendium.

Distorted Humor

Post by Distorted Humor »

I have the hardcover and PDF. Already used in play (playing Arden Vul with it)
The Village of Bex My first Publication.