Adventurers Needed! (Moldvay B/X PbP)

Looking for players for your hangouts, Roll20, or PbP game? Do you want to join a game? Post here!
badams30

Adventurers Needed! (Moldvay B/X PbP)

Post by badams30 »

Residents of the Duchy of Arnberg in the Wilderlands - Fame and Fortune await the bold - do you have what it takes?

Looking for players for a PbP set in a homebrew sandbox that is being fleshed out on the go. The Wilderlands are an untamed yet mundane region of the Duchy of Arnberg - filled with unexplored wilderness, ruins of old, opportunities for fame and glory, treasure and mysterious magics, and for the careless - an untimely demise.

This PbP campaign is set in a homebrewed setting - think of the wild west meets D&D - The Wilderlands are an untamed area under the jurisdiction of the Duchy of Arnberg - ripe for exploration, filled with opportunities for adventure, but with an undercurrent of uncertainty and the realization that a small band of novice adventurers can make a difference.

The WIlderlands are a sleepy region of the Duchy of Arnberg, but lately there have been disturbing developments: Rumors of humanoids massing for an unknown reason. Parties in employ of the Duke have been conducting very hush-hush exploratory missions across the wilderness for unknown reasons. Dwarves, Elves and Halflings of the region have been withdrawing to their respective homes - for unknown reasons. Strange things are afoot in the Wilderlands, and only the bravest and most hardy of adventurers will be able to get to the bottom of all of this.

Call for Adventurers:
Looking for a total of 4-6 players (I have TWO already signed up)
Rules: going waaaay back here, using the Moldvay B/X ruleset (if you don't have it, no worries, just let me know, we can address it.)
Game: PbP, on this site. Frequency of posting - varies. Once per 1-2 days. More frequent or less frequent is fine.
Houserules: minimal. I'll post once page is ready.
Alignment: This is a gritty, classic good vs. evil campaign world. Looking for Lawful or Neutral alignments.
Mechanics: I'm open to either DM doing all the die rolling or the players - group choice. I won't use a die roller, I prefer to take players at their word.

Questions? Feel free to PM me, I'm happy to answer any and all questions!

Marc_the_Demonslayer

Re: Adventurers Needed! (Moldvay B/X PbP)

Post by Marc_the_Demonslayer »

Count me in! Do I need to PM you?
"Chaos has plagued the world with Demons and monsters, but Law has written itself on the hearts and minds of Men."

-Mailk the Wise

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Thanks for reply! I’m hoping to have more info posted in the next couple days!!

Black_Pudding

Post by Black_Pudding »

I am interested as well. I'd like to see some more information first, so I'll wait to see what you add before throwing my hat into the ring.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Great, thanks for the replies - I should have some stuff up in a couple days, been a bit slowed by holiday....

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

I saw you mention the game on your blog! Room for one more? I have the old BX rulebooks, so I know the basics.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

mythictom wrote:I saw you mention the game on your blog! Room for one more? I have the old BX rulebooks, so I know the basics.
Of course! Welcome to the party! I'll add you to the group today. Rik and Steve will be joining us too, so we'll have a great party. I plan on starting this week, just giving everyone time to roll up a character, but if they can't make it immediately, they can join in progress.

herself

Post by herself »

Hello! I'm totally new here but looking for a B/X PbP. If you need one more I'd be keen to join!

I too have the B/X rules. I'm in New Zealand but that shouldn't be a problem (I don't think)!
Beyond the Borderlands, Susanna Clank

badams30

Post by badams30 »

herself wrote:Hello! I'm totally new here but looking for a B/X PbP. If you need one more I'd be keen to join!

I too have the B/X rules. I'm in New Zealand but that shouldn't be a problem (I don't think)!
Welcome! We’d be happy to have you join us! I’ll get you added to the game so you can post, check out the info on the game link for some background info and character creation notes. We have two others who will be joining shortly, but hoping to get started in the next 2 days. Again - welcome!

herself

Post by herself »

badams30 wrote: Welcome! We’d be happy to have you join us! I’ll get you added to the game so you can post, check out the info on the game link for some background info and character creation notes. We have two others who will be joining shortly, but hoping to get started in the next 2 days. Again - welcome!
Excellent, and thank you! I'll have a good look through the game threads now.
Beyond the Borderlands, Susanna Clank