Chapter 5 Into the Fey Realm

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox
herself

Re: Chapter 5 Into the Fey Realm

Post by herself »

"I like my name," Susanna says. "I don't think I want to meet this faery queen, either."

All of the undercurrents of things said and not-said, are starting to make Susanna's head hurt. She wants to be with people who speak plainly, and mean what they say. She doesn't trust the king, or his retinue, or even Torus, really. He's got too many layers.
Beyond the Borderlands, Susanna Clank

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

Moonglimmer chuckles.

"Elves have many names," she states matter-of-factly. " Best to always use the one that fits best that season or six. "

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

jcftao wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:46 am
@Bizenghast, are you contemplating trying to cast a spell right off of the symbols on the standing stone or would you rather wait until you have a chance to memorize your spells?
Bizenghast: Sorceress

The Sorceress offers to the party... "I can try to cast the spell straight from the runes on the stone. If successful, then I come back and retrieve all of you. If not successful then I use my scroll to read the runes and make my way back to you; either way, it seems to end in us eventually using this stone to get out of here and keeping our names."

=============
Memorized Spells:
L0: Smoke
L1: Sleep

Spell Book:
(L0) Smoke (tea cup size/volume)
(L1) Read Magic
(L1) Detect Magic
(L1) Sleep
(L1) Read Languages

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Bizenghast focus her concentration on the runes, her lips moving quickly, uttering words that none of the others have heard before. It sounds like gibberish, but the party can feel the standing stone begin to pulse...

Bizenghast, sweat beading on her forehead, raises her arms and the words grow in volume. The runes on the stone seem to respond and begin to pulse with a strange purple light...

The sorceress's voice rises to a crescendo and then stops...then all is quiet once again.

Bizenghast, exhausted by the attempt, grows unsteady on her feet...

Actions?

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis - FIghter

Otis runs over to help steady Bizenghast or help her to a seated position, all the while keeping his eyes on the obelisk.

"That's a scary stone... I don't trust it either."

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

badams30 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:40 pm
Otis - FIghter

Otis runs over to help steady Bizenghast or help her to a seated position, all the while keeping his eyes on the obelisk.

"That's a scary stone... I don't trust it either."

Bizenghast confesses... "I am so light headed, thank you Otis." She looks around to see if the environment changed.

Disappointed in her attempt, "I know this spell will work; it's just that something isn't right. Maybe studying the runes more, after I've had a good night's sleep. What do any of you think about maybe the time of day, or evening, or astronomical conditions having an influence?"

=============
Memorized Spells:
L0: Smoke

Spell Book:
(L0) Smoke (tea cup size/volume)
(L1) Read Magic
(L1) Detect Magic
(L1) Sleep
(L1) Read Languages

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

Moonglimmer runs to the stone and touches it as its radiance dims, hoping for another vision.....

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

mythictom wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:14 pm
Moonglimmer runs to the stone and touches it as its radiance dims, hoping for another vision.....
Moonglimmer is disappointed when she touches the standing stone. No memories come into her head this time.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

"Well, that's it then. I suppose, Bizenghast, you can can try again tomorrow. Shall we return to town and prepare for the feast? Who can write down a record of our journeys in this land so that we do not forget?" Erwin says.

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

connivingsumo wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:16 pm

Bizenghast confesses... "I am so light headed, thank you Otis." She looks around to see if the environment changed.

Disappointed in her attempt, "I know this spell will work; it's just that something isn't right. Maybe studying the runes more, after I've had a good night's sleep. What do any of you think about maybe the time of day, or evening, or astronomical conditions having an influence?"
"We arrived under the full moon," Moonglimmer recalls while taking her hand off the inert stone.

" Let us return to Everspring and meet our fate. "