Chapter 8 ~ Into The Ways

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox
merias
Site Admin

Re: Chapter 8 ~ Into The Ways

Post by merias »

"No nothing like that. It will be painless, I assure you," Erwin replies.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Hey Bengar, says Fungo. How'd you end up in a cage in fairyville anyhow? I hope it was for flinging a pie tin at the Elfking.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Odimus reluctantly nods to Erwin. The cleric of Silvanus holds his hands over the wizard's swollen foot. The room is quiet as Erwin silently mouths words of petition to the Green Man. The cleric's hands glow with a golden light. Erwin places them gently on the wizard's foot. In a matter of moments the glow fades and Odimus looks at Erwin and then back to his foot.

He eases the foot gingerly down onto the floor and stands hestitantly. A smile crosses his face as he begins to dance a jig!

"Nehim! Fetch my boots and total up my bill!"

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter

Otis watches in fascination, and when he sees Odimus proclaim his foot healed, he says in a stage whisper (but completely serious) "IT'S A MIRACLE!"

He smiles and nods in approval. He mumbles to Katherine "Our time here might be winding down sooner than I thought!"

If it looks like we're going to be moving along, Otis gathers his stuff and gives his most sincere thanks to Nehim for her hospitality.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

tumblingdice wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:50 am
Bengar's eyes go wide at the sight of all those scrumptious breakfast choices. He pulls Nehim aside a moment, and asks, Begging your pardon, ma'am, but where does all this food come from? There is nothing outside but the road...and darkness.
Nehim hands Bengar a clean plate, "Nothing but bitter weeds and stunted trees grow in The Ways, master dwarf. Like any good innkeeper, I go to market. The Ways is a the place between worlds and knowing certain paths allows those dwelling here to traverse great distances. My smoked herring are such fine quality for that same reason."

"Now before you ask me to help you find your way home...I know how to get to specific places, but not necessarily the places that you call home. Odimus is a kind but crabby soul. He will be good travelling company."

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Mehim gathers up the dishes. When she returns, she has a bundle of brown paper tied up for each of you. "This is a little something for the journey...nothing fancy, apples, cheese, bread, smoked fish. Be sure to fill your waterskins from the water keg near the door. I have your bills ready at the bar. God speed you on your journey and know that the Wayside Inn welcomes you if you pass this way again!"

Odimus reaches into his pocket and hands Nehim a small stack of coins. You can see that they are gold. "This should take care of my stay and whatever expenses these people have incurred."

Nehim accepts the coins, "This is too generous, sir. Let me give you change..."

"Tut, tut, Madame! You're establishment has been a boon to me and my new friends. I shall return some day to visit and bring a cask of apple brandy."

Odimus gathers up his pack, dons his travelling cloack, and steps out into the darkness.

Actions?

OOC--I feel I have missed some questions from you to Odimus or Nehim. Please ask them again and I'll get you a response.

Current Status of the PCs
Erwin hp 8
Bengar hp 7
Fungo hp 9
Attercop hp 13
Moonglimmer hp 10
Otis hp 11
Bizenghast hp 7
Susanna hp 7

NPCs
Katherine (an enchanted mirror)
Hadrian
Torus no longer called Homer
Guyot de Fortunato (a cat)
Berlioz (a black bear)

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter

Otis carefully wraps the mirror and stows his rations from Nehim. He smiles at her and says "Thank you for your hospitality! You're a nice lady, and I like your place too... well, except for them tall angry fellas, but they ain't yours... take care!..." Otis grimaces as he steps out into the dark and says "I don't like all this dark stuff. Let's go home." He'll follow along, hopefully the next stop is a stone with runes on it.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Erwin thanks the hostess, and follows the old man outside. "Odimus, wait for the rest of us! And thank you for paying our bills!"

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo follows as well, thanking the woman as he rushes out

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

Moonglimmer clicks for Attercop to come and feeds him from Nehim's parcel.

The two will follow the others.