Mythictom's WB FMAG Game
mythictom

OOC CHAT

Post by mythictom »

Talk here about anything not in-game.

jcftao

Re: OOC CHAT

Post by jcftao »

Any advice on rolling hit points? I got a one on my roll...really happy with that, just asking for a friend. :lol:

badams30

Post by badams30 »

jcftao wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:46 pm
Any advice on rolling hit points? I got a one on my roll...really happy with that, just asking for a friend. :lol:
I played in a pretty hard core draconian PbP on Dragonsfoot once, and the GM had everyone using a die roller, no re-rolls, accept what you got, and we had this wizard with 1 HP, and no CON bonus. GM was like "NO REROLLS! ROLEPLAY THE GUY!" And the fella with the 1 HP character played him, and that dude was like TEFLON. We'd be in these unwinnable situations, everyone would be getting beat up and that guy just had the luckiest rolls. He made it to like 4th level before the game folded, and I think even at 4th he only had like 6 or 7 HP. Dude was a disaster, but the guy played him to perfection.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

badams30 wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:55 pm
jcftao wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:46 pm
I played in a pretty hard core draconian PbP on Dragonsfoot once, and the GM had everyone using a die roller, no re-rolls, accept what you got, and we had this wizard with 1 HP, and no CON bonus. GM was like "NO REROLLS! ROLEPLAY THE GUY!" And the fella with the 1 HP character played him, and that dude was like TEFLON. We'd be in these unwinnable situations, everyone would be getting beat up and that guy just had the luckiest rolls. He made it to like 4th level before the game folded, and I think even at 4th he only had like 6 or 7 HP. Dude was a disaster, but the guy played him to perfection.
Those are the characters that we remember! Huzzah!

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

As someone who tends to get mediocre dice rolls, I have embraced online dice rollers. Internet be praised!

That being said, since this is my virgin voyage at pbp, take max hit point at first level.

Any feedback on anything I have posted so far? I am typing on a Kindle tablet, which is really horrible for my composition skills....

Also, think about WHY your character is in the city. Born there? Traveler? Ne'er-do-well looking for trouble money?

History of Mirabilis to come later today....

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Looking cool thus far. I'll get a character rolled up in the next day or so - been super busy these past two weeks. Ugh.

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

badams30 wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:00 am
Looking cool thus far. I'll get a character rolled up in the next day or so - been super busy these past two weeks. Ugh.
I'm not ready to start yet anyway, so no hurry. John gets to be the chargen guineapig!

badams30

Post by badams30 »

It’s Friday! I’ll get my character sheet finalized tonight. Yay!

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

badams30 wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:45 pm
It’s Friday! I’ll get my character sheet finalized tonight. Yay!
I'm almost ready too! Yay!!

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

@badams, wouldn't Alphonse get 6 hp? I believe magic users start with d6 for hit dice in WBFMAG.