Chapter 9 ~ Odimus of Isprey

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox
mythictom

Re: Chapter 9 ~ Odimus of Isprey

Post by mythictom »

greyarea wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:08 pm
Fungo is delighted that he will be among those eaten last.

Let’s charge the beast, he whispers
"Fortune favors the bold?" the elf whispers to the hobbit.

"Susanna, take the torch," Moonglimmers says as she holds the torch out to the warrior. "You might be able to throw it farther than I."

If Susanna takes the torch, Moonglimmer will sheath her sword and draw her bow.

"We could toss the torch and taunt the troll to distract it from Fungo's sneak attack...." the elf offers awaiting feedback.

P.S. Thanks for the map notations!! :thumbup:

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

tumblingdice wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:48 pm
Bengar gazes through the fire at the dark waters of the pool beyond it. Let's give it another couple minutes, he says in response to Sammich's query. I hope we don't skewer the big, dumb human by mistake, he adds.

Brave fellow, though. I'll give him that, the dwarf admits, after a moment's reflection.

Edited!
Thoughtful, "Yes. I like him, and he likes my cooking." The Hobbit narrows his eyes and re-aims his missile at the pool.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo will approach, hugging the cave wall, hiding in shadows and being silent.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

mythictom wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:56 pm
"We could toss the torch and taunt the troll to distract it from Fungo's sneak attack...." the elf offers awaiting feedback.
"That sounds like a plan," Erwin whispers. He waits, staff in hand.

herself

Post by herself »

Susanna will take the torch, and try to throw it into a good spot so that Fungo will have some room to move…
Beyond the Borderlands, Susanna Clank

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter

Otis slowly moves forward and he bellows "I'm comin' for ya, you smelly pile of sea garbage! You better run!"

Otis will advance, slowly but steadily, and if he encounters this thing - it's crazy go berserk time!

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

badams30 wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:46 am
Otis - Fighter

Otis slowly moves forward and he bellows "I'm comin' for ya, you smelly pile of sea garbage! You better run!"

Otis will advance, slowly but steadily, and if he encounters this thing - it's crazy go berserk time!
Otis moves slowly forward in complete darkness. Suddenly the passage is illuminated. Someone is carrying (or throwing) a torch up ahead. Otis hears a gruff voice cry in alarm, "What is that! Fire...FIRE!!! Those nasty humans! I'll roast them over a fire when I get my hands on them..."

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Susanna's torch sails into the cavern, lighting it up and casting long shadows. [d20=19! a well placed throw].

In a heartbeat, Fungo scampers to the other side of the cavern and quickly disappears into the shadows.

The party sees a large creature...8' tall possibly but hard to tell as it is stooped over. It has blue and green mottled skin, blue-black hair that falls down in its face. One obvious feature is its long nose, which protrudes almost comically.

Thankfully the torch does not go out. It is lying on the ground, still burning...for now.

The creature looks at the torch for a moment and then turns to face Erwin, Moonglimmer, and Susanna.

An evil grin crosses its face and the party can see long yellow teeth and a green tongue that runs along its black gums.

"There's dinner and more!"

[Initiative is 4 for both sides, a tie...simultaneous. Moonglimmer could attack with her Quickblade ahead of all of you if she is so inclined.]

Actions?

herself

Post by herself »

Susanna will shout and try to get the creature’s attention. She’ll step forward, mace raised, and hope she can give the others some time to get into position.
Beyond the Borderlands, Susanna Clank

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis - fighter

Otis catches sight of the ugly beast and goes into a righteous rage, charging to attack!