Chapter 9 ~ Odimus of Isprey

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox
herself

Re: Chapter 9 ~ Odimus of Isprey

Post by herself »

Susanna will wash the worst of the Troll gore off in the sea, and then follow the others up towards the inn...she's broke too, so she's happy to share a room.

"After the inn, we go see the captain at the garrison?" she says.
Beyond the Borderlands, Susanna Clank

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

Bengar accepts the pasty from Sammich with an appreciative nod. Mmm. Good. You're all right, Sammich. I don't care what Fungo says about you. You're all right..

Not keen on jumping into the sea, the dwarf will wash up at the nearest freshwater opportunity. I can just picture it now...

DM: Otis dunks Dengar into a rain barrel outside the tavern. The dwarf drowns. But he's clean. The end.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

The captain of the guard meets with the party and hears their story. He leads them to the keep where Lord Fynn is taking dinner. "I've heard that you have good news! News travels fast. He summons calls his chamberlain to him and whispers in his ear. The man leaves the hall.

"Please, sit down. Have some wine and a bit of roast pork, won't you?"

About a dozen men, appearing to be knights, are seated in the hall.

Lord Fynn looks to the party, "Gentlemen, this is my war council."

"Tell us of your victory?"

Actions?

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter

Otis, quite impressed by the assembled people nods politely, sets his shield at his side and says "A fisherman took us to some rocks where we could only get in with a small boat, and we found some giant crabs eating what was left of those poor missing men. So we killed the crabs and started to gather these fellas for a proper burial, and we noticed that it wasn't crabs that killed these men, but somethin' else. We had an inkling that somethin' was watchin' us, so we sprung a trap and caught a greasy, nasty sea troll. He was the one that killed those men, and we killed him and burned him up so he couldn't do this again. We looked high and low in the caves, and we didn't find any more of his kind. We think he was it."

Otis sits down and hungrily eyes the food and drink. He'll wait till everyone is done speaking before he starts to plow through the food though.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

:lol: I admire Otis' restraint! The roasted pork looks really good...and there's new potatoes with butter, loaves of fresh bread, and pitchers of ale and wine..mmmmmm!

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo chips in, mouth full, Yersh, i’ ‘appen’ the’ bi’ troll GI’ mmmm

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

greyarea wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:50 pm
Fungo chips in, mouth full, Yersh, i’ ‘appen’ the’ bi’ troll GI’ mmmm
:lol: :lol: :lol: that's awesome

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

Sammich Buttonchubb

The Captain of the Guard and his Knights hear a voice, but cannot see the speaker. Already sitting quite low to the table, Sammich has piled up Potatoes, Breads, and Roast Pork upon his plate. Like a fort's wall, piled so high, what little of him that could be seen cannot be seen.

Mid-chewing, "It was really creepy, too, in those caves! There was a pool in the crab room, you had to go underwater and then down this drowned tunnel and just have faith you could come up for air later. It led to the room where the Troll was, but one of us discovered another way into the Troll's chamber, so we executed a pinch maneuver and flanked him!" He pauses to gulp wine, "Everyone did real good, Sir! They worked together well, didn't panic, and came up with the clever plan to rid our lands of that villain."

Somehow, Mr. Buttonchubb has acquired his own dish of butter.

Master Baker, Chef, part-time Archer, armchair Boyer/Fletcher
+ Arrows = 36
+ HP: 12
+ AC: 6 [13]
+ Super sneaky (Near Invisibility (1-5/d6))
+ To Hit: +3 (missile weapons)
+ Zen Archer ~ Allies are safe when I fire into combat
+ Only receive half damage from 'Giant Types' (Ogres, Giants, Trolls, etc.)
Target priority: imminent danger (self or companion), then the target most injured.
When possible, Sammich will always try to retrieve previously fired arrows.

herself

Post by herself »

Susanna, for the record, is not going to stand up and speak before the crowd! (The reference to “gentlemen” confused her.) She looks from the Captain, to the table of food, back to the Captain, and back to the food. She doesn’t know what to do. Her stomach growls loudly!

(This is a hard character for me to roleplay! I usually play much chattier characters, LOL!)
Beyond the Borderlands, Susanna Clank

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

herself wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:40 pm
Susanna, for the record, is not going to stand up and speak before the crowd! (The reference to “gentlemen” confused her.) She looks from the Captain, to the table of food, back to the Captain, and back to the food. She doesn’t know what to do. Her stomach growls loudly!

(This is a hard character for me to roleplay! I usually play much chattier characters, LOL!)

---------
OOC--Maybe Susanna will find her voice and begin to talk more. Yes, she has an Int of 4 and a Wis of 6. So, she can't read at all, never learned or the letters swim around. A Wis of 6...perhaps she is reckless or doesn't consider another's point of view? Regardless, I think Susanna should chat away if she has something to say! It hasn't stopped Otis! :lol:

----------

The knights, seeing their mistake and not recognizing Susanna as a lady, get up and move over, making a comfortable spot for her at one end of a table. They seem ernest in their manners and chivalry.