Monster Compendium

PDFs and editable versions of the Swords & Wizardry, Labyrinth Lord and OSE rules, other old-school rulesets, free or PWYW resources, blogs and character sheets
DacholaEtecoon

Monster Compendium

Post by DacholaEtecoon »

On the old Swords and Wizardry web site there was a word doc of additional monsters. I think these all found their way into the Monstrosities supplement by Frog God Games. I have copy of it, but it is 1.5 MB so I can't attach it. Is there a better way to share it?

Edit:
Here is the link
https://docs.google.com/document/d/14uG ... ue&sd=true
Last edited by DacholaEtecoon on Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

merias
Site Admin

Re: Monster Compendium

Post by merias »

Welcome! I have the print edition of the old S&W monster book, which I use quite a bit - but I had completely forgotten that it was shared as a word doc years ago, so it would definitely belong here! I think you are correct that the monsters in this book would later be incorporated into Monstrosities.

Best way would be a public share link to a file-sharing service. I may actually have this in my collection of files, so if you don't have a file-sharing account somewhere, I'll look and see if I can find the file and add a link to it here.

DacholaEtecoon

Post by DacholaEtecoon »

Here is a Google Drive link, I hope I set it up correctly

https://docs.google.com/document/d/14uG ... ue&sd=true

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Looks good, I can access it. Would you mind editing your first post and putting the link there as well? It will be easier for people to find it. Thanks for this!

rredmond

Post by rredmond »

What a neato Monster Book some good ones in there -- Inner Child????? :shock: :mrgreen:

The contributor list reads like a who's-who of KnK and OD&D74 :lol:
Holy Schmidt He swears by his pretty floral bonnet...
Cure Light Wounds -- 3/3
Hold Person — 1/1
Updated: 4/16/2024
Bind wounds for 1d3 after each combat

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

rredmond wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:10 pm
What a neato Monster Book some good ones in there -- Inner Child????? :shock: :mrgreen:

The contributor list reads like a who's-who of KnK and OD&D74 :lol:
Yeah this is a really great resource, despite the lack of art, which never bothered me as I think a lot of the monster appearance is best left to the imagination, or at least the ref.