Another PbP? MADNESS!

Looking for players for your hangouts, Roll20, or PbP game? Do you want to join a game? Post here!
badams30

Another PbP? MADNESS!

Post by badams30 »

Hey everyone!

I am currently running my S&W PbP on here, and after a slight delay (SHUT UP, Rik) it's been going pretty well.
I really want to play in a PbP, but there are none out there. BUMMER ME.

BUT

I'm also thinking of starting another one on here, if I could get a few volunteers/victims, and also thinking maybe it could be a revolving GM format? Maybe... don't know... but if I were to create a new PbP, what might potential participants be interested in? FMAG, P&P, Shadowdark, BX, S&W complete (the newest of the new) or something else?

Besides rules, is there any type of campaign or setting anyone would like to see? (I'm a pretty vanilla GM and world building guy, but whatever...)

I do have a few adventures I've acquired during my Kickstarter addiction that might be cool to run PbP too (such as The In the Shadow of Tower Silveraxe, The Scourge of Northland, and Into the valley of the manticore).

Thoughts? Volunteers?

William

Re: Another PbP? MADNESS!

Post by William »

I've never played in a PbP before but there's a first time for everything.

I'm not fussy about what to play. I guess that Sword & Wizardry would be appropriate, but we obviously don't have to just stick to that system.
Have you (or anyone else for that matter) ever played in the Borderland Provinces? Matt Finch was involved in its creation, and I have always wondered what it's like. It was (apparently) created specifically for S&W.
Otherwise I suppose we could have a go with P&P as seen as we have been chatting about it.

Bill
Swords & Wizardry....in Blackmoor!
AD&D 1e/ OSRIC
Conan
Greyhawk (1e)
Lankhmar
Ravenloft

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Note: moved this to 'Looking for Players or Games' so it would be shown in the active posts listing.

I just ended my PbP and will start a new one soon-ish, I just haven't decided yet what system. P&P would be a nice change, as I haven't run or played it in a while. I was also thinking FMAG, or even hopping into a different genre. Shotguns-n-Saddles is a really fun old west game. X-plorers would also be neat.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

merias wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:59 pm
Note: moved this to 'Looking for Players or Games' so it would be shown in the active posts listing.

I just ended my PbP and will start a new one soon-ish, I just haven't decided yet what system. P&P would be a nice change, as I haven't run or played it in a while. I was also thinking FMAG, or even hopping into a different genre. Shotguns-n-Saddles is a really fun old west game. X-plorers would also be neat.
Count me IN whenever that is!

badams30

Post by badams30 »

William wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:41 pm
I've never played in a PbP before but there's a first time for everything.

I'm not fussy about what to play. I guess that Sword & Wizardry would be appropriate, but we obviously don't have to just stick to that system.
Have you (or anyone else for that matter) ever played in the Borderland Provinces? Matt Finch was involved in its creation, and I have always wondered what it's like. It was (apparently) created specifically for S&W.
Otherwise I suppose we could have a go with P&P as seen as we have been chatting about it.

Bill
Glad to hear you're interested. With my 3 kiddos always running here and there, and my work schedule, I really don't have time to commit to a live or Zoom game, so PbP has been my poison for the last 12 years. Yeah, it's slower, and prone to bogging down or flaming out, but unless it's a militant "YOU MUST POST 4X PER DAY!" game, then it's usually a friendly format.

I'll see if any more interest, and then make the call. Might be interesting to go the P&P route, just for change of pace. But also S&W is a good deal. We'll see. Thanks Bill.

rredmond

Post by rredmond »

How crunchy is P&P? I normally hate crunch... at least anything more crunchy than the stripped down 1e that I normally DM :D
But I feel like I've got this in PDF form somewhere, I'll have to check.
Holy Schmidt He swears by his pretty floral bonnet...
Cure Light Wounds -- 3/3
Hold Person — 1/1
Updated: 4/16/2024
Bind wounds for 1d3 after each combat

William

Post by William »

rredmond wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:11 pm
How crunchy is P&P? I normally hate crunch... at least anything more crunchy than the stripped down 1e that I normally DM :D
From what I've seen of it so far P&P is rules light. I'd say more so than a stripped down AD&D or OSRIC.
I'm still taking a look at myself though, so I wouldn't currently want to make a comparison with OD&D/ S&W or any form of basic D&D/ OSE; Labyrinth Lord, etc.

Bill
AD&D 1e/ OSRIC
Conan
Greyhawk (1e)
Lankhmar
Ravenloft

badams30

Post by badams30 »

rredmond wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:11 pm
I can't remember, but is the P&P PDF free? I also seem to recall a quick start PDF or something. I'll check later today when I have a moment.

William

Post by William »

badams30 wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:18 pm
I can't remember, but is the P&P PDF free? I also seem to recall a quick start PDF or something. I'll check later today when I have a moment.
The core rule book in PDF format is $4.99/ £3.98. I haven't been able to find a quick start PDF, though there may be one somewhere. The core rule book is second from the top of the list.
As a player the starter pack bundle isn't worth it, as it comes with the core rules plus an adventure which is (obviously) for the referee's eyes only.

We don't have to play P&P.

Bill
AD&D 1e/ OSRIC
Conan
Greyhawk (1e)
Lankhmar
Ravenloft

badams30

Post by badams30 »

William wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:00 am
badams30 wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:18 pm
The core rule book in PDF format is $4.99/ £3.98. I haven't been able to find a quick start PDF, though there may be one somewhere. The core rule book is second from the top of the list.
As a player the starter pack bundle isn't worth it, as it comes with the core rules plus an adventure which is (obviously) for the referee's eyes only.

We don't have to play P&P.

Bill
It's all good. I've emailed a couple other folks, so stand by, we'll get this thing going! Like a PbP dumpster fire, it'll be something to see.... (and we've got plenty of rulesets to choose from)