Delve #6

Old dungeon delves will go here.

Moderator: merias

greyarea

Re: Delve #6

Post by greyarea »

I’ve never found a trap pit quite like that before, exclaims Berthold. Think a Sarlacc just had lunch?

JimboJimbo

Post by JimboJimbo »

greyarea wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:24 pm
I’ve never found a trap pit quite like that before, exclaims Berthold. Think a Sarlacc just had lunch?
:lol:

Maybe if we send all the bodies down at once, we could clog the pit, Salty suggest Or we could try another door?

Suspo moves toward the edge of the grease and retrieves Salty's torch.

Were I able to see the trap door, I could solve this conundrum with the sorcerer's art Suspo intone before turning his gaze on Salt

since our little rat is unwilling to try for the cheese.

can Suspo see the trap door from the top of the stairs?

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

JimboJimbo wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:45 am
can Suspo see the trap door from the top of the stairs?
He can see the nearest half of the open pit, but not down into it more than a foot or two from his vantage at the top of the stairs. Suspos would need to go down the stairs to get a better view.

Actions?

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

If you wish to investigate, you can hold one end of a rope as you go down the stairs, offers Berthold.

JimboJimbo

Post by JimboJimbo »

vermin, Suspos barks, affix a rope to the end of your tail and dangle as bait before whatever foulness lurks in yon dark.

Salty throws the sorcerer a cold look, ties his rope around his middle and eases toward the stairs.

Thioldy, old chum, do me a favour and anchor this 'ere rope with the full weight of your thighs, eh?

He tosses the free end to Berthold & readies himself to creep into the gloom.his

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Thews! The full power of my thews. Can’t you get anything right, Salty? Berthold holds the rope, leading it out but by bit for Salty. He glares at the wizard briefly— didn’t we hire him and not the other way around? he mutters.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Salty proceeds down the stairs (DEX check d20=19), at one point slipping on the grease and falling on his side, luckily held fast by the rope. Once down he peers over the edge and can see a 10' deep pit swarming with hundreds of fist-sized, black scorpion-like creatures. They are presently devouring the orc body with their claws, all accompanied by a pleasant crunching sound. You can see bones and other remains in the pit, including the glint of metal or maybe coin reflecting off of your torchlight.

Actions?

rredmond

Post by rredmond »

"Hmm, I have five flasks of oil," for some reason! the cleric says, "you know, in case we need them."
Holy Schmidt He swears by his pretty floral bonnet...
Cure Light Wounds -- 3/3
Hold Person — 1/1
Updated: 4/16/2024
Bind wounds for 1d3 after each combat

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

I say toss them in, says Berthold as he fishes a torch from his pack and lights it with his lantern why he has both is a question for the ages. I’ll toss this torch in after them.

rredmond

Post by rredmond »

Schmidt either hands the oil flasks to Salty to splash 'em in, or he opens them up and lobs them in the pit. How many flasks does it look like will be needed?
Holy Schmidt He swears by his pretty floral bonnet...
Cure Light Wounds -- 3/3
Hold Person — 1/1
Updated: 4/16/2024
Bind wounds for 1d3 after each combat