Moderator: merias

Magremore

Re: Delve #2

Post by Magremore »

merias wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:19 pm
Magremore wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 4:09 pm
Room enough for Wennic to hold his shield over the door to block the several holes over the ring, while Bel'xor pulls the ring to attempt to open the door?
The holes are a few inches above the ring, and you think you could place the edge of your shield on the door just above the ring and still pull it.
OK, Bel'xor doesn't have a shield but will use Wennic's to block the holes while he pulls the ring to try and open the door.

JimboJimbo

Post by JimboJimbo »

Bonner takes a second to inspect the holes again, trying to work out if they're just a decorative decision or an actual trap. If the latter, he'll see if he can't deactivate it with a block of dwarfish hard tack or other such plugging methods.

Trap or not, he whispers to his companions.

"Let's dim the lantern and get that door open. Forge Master Huris may not have given my people the ability to reach the top shelf liquor but, by His gnarly knuckles, we're more than capable of watching those elf lasses bathing in the dark. Get them holes plugged or emptied, creak those hinges and I'll peer around the jam and tell you what I see."

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Berthold dims his bullseye lantern and stands out of the way of any errant darts or whatever might come from the holes.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Bonner is unable to determine the nature of the holes, but he is able to stuff some dried rations in them, and Bel'xor puts Wennic's shield into position before giving the ring a good tug...

The ring pulls out and snaps back into place, and a loud "twang" is heard as three bolts strike the shield and glance off harmlessly, along with a spray of hard tack. You surmise the door is a false one, as there now appears to be no way to open it.

Nicely done! I was not sure you would remember the holes were there! Where to?

rredmond

Post by rredmond »

merias wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:48 pm
Nicely done! I was not sure you would remember the holes were there! Where to
Not gonna lie, I did not remember! :shock:
Schmidt flicks a little sweat off of his brow. "East or South?" he asks. "Maybe a little peek to the east, just to be sure nothing will sneek up behind us as we move south?"
Holy Schmidt He swears by his pretty floral bonnet...
Cure Light Wounds -- 3/3
Hold Person — 1/1
Updated: 4/16/2024
Bind wounds for 1d3 after each combat

JimboJimbo

Post by JimboJimbo »

Bonner slaps his gut " I'm a bit too wide sneaking, but that doesn't stop my eyes from working so I'll go take a look."

Shield up, spear ready, he goes to take a little peek east.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

JimboJimbo wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:29 pm
Bonner slaps his gut " I'm a bit too wide sneaking, but that doesn't stop my eyes from working so I'll go take a look."

Shield up, spear ready, he goes to take a little peek east.
He can see the corridor continues to the east, out of sight, passing a four-way intersection. The blood trail thins and continues east as well. From that direction, you see two large lizard-like creatures coming towards you ("L" on map). Details are hard to make out, but they appear big enough to at least swallow Bonner whole.

Actions?

JimboJimbo

Post by JimboJimbo »

"Dragon!" Bonner yells, hurling his spear into the jaws of lizardy murder.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

At Bonner’s yell, Berthold places his lantern on the floor and draws his sword to engage. What kind of dragon? he asks as he prepares for melee.

rredmond

Post by rredmond »

Schmidt makes sure he's ready with his flail, preparing for the onslaught, but not getting in the way of any missileers.
Holy Schmidt He swears by his pretty floral bonnet...
Cure Light Wounds -- 3/3
Hold Person — 1/1
Updated: 4/16/2024
Bind wounds for 1d3 after each combat