Moderator: merias

merias
Site Admin

Re: Delve #5

Post by merias »

JimboJimbo wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:02 pm
in that case

Seeing the mighty Cedric take a staggering blow, Salty pulls his knife and attempts to meld into the shadows & make his way to Ol' One Eye's fnar fnar unprotected kidneys.
Which way is Salty sneaking? West towards the open corridor, or east towards the door?

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

greyarea wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:51 pm
Berthold is enraged mildly put out to see his companion go down get nicked and takes it out on presses the charge to ‘ol one eye
One eye has cleverly stayed out of melee, so if you do this you'll have to "flee" your current melee with the two orcs in order to charge one eye. Let me know if this changes your action.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Berthold will chop down any foe that stands in his way with killing the cyclops as his ultimate goal. He does not flee his melee with the orcs. (I had thought since he’d dispatched the one orc he had a clear path. My mistake.)

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

greyarea wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2023 3:51 pm
(I had thought since he’d dispatched the one orc he had a clear path. My mistake.)
The other two orcs are still within melee distance of Berthold (and Cedric and Schmidt, both in the front rank), so even if Berthold was not fighting them actively last round, he was technically in melee with them. At least that is how I envisioned it in my head :)

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

:thumbup:

JimboJimbo

Post by JimboJimbo »

merias wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2023 3:46 pm
JimboJimbo wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:02 pm
in that case

Seeing the mighty Cedric take a staggering blow, Salty pulls his knife and attempts to meld into the shadows & make his way to Ol' One Eye's fnar fnar unprotected kidneys.
Which way is Salty sneaking? West towards the open corridor, or east towards the door?

Salty will head west toward the corridor

rredmond

Post by rredmond »

Any way for Schmidt and/or Heimer to shift over and allow Berthold the opportunity to charge?
Either way Scmidt and Heimer do what they do... just Heimer attacks a bit quicker ;)
Can Schmidt cast cure light wounds on Cedric while they are both in melee?
Holy Schmidt He swears by his pretty floral bonnet...
Cure Light Wounds -- 3/3
Hold Person — 1/1
Updated: 4/16/2024
Bind wounds for 1d3 after each combat

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

rredmond wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2023 6:40 pm
Any way for Schmidt and/or Heimer to shift over and allow Berthold the opportunity to charge?
Either way Scmidt and Heimer do what they do... just Heimer attacks a bit quicker ;)
The orcs might choose to attack Schmidt or Heimer instead of Berthold, but there is no guarantee. Any way you slice it - Berthold would be in melee and leaving it, making him vulnerable to a free attack, if the orcs choose to attack him.
Can Schmidt cast cure light wounds on Cedric while they are both in melee?
The core rules don't address this, but the complete rules specifically disallow it (and that probably comes from Holmes, where casting spells in melee is also prohibited - I think the one exception is a spell from a wand). So I'll say no, Schmidt would first have to lead Cedric out of the way, leaving the combat himself by doing so.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

You could both leave combat with a fighting retreat, which would not allow a free attack but would not prevent the opponent from following you. So no guarantee there, either. But I guess in the end the short answer is - it's risky to leave combat once you're in it.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Cedric will not retreat. He has 5 hp and a really sharp sword...so he continues to attack!
[I don't know if chop when they drop is in order, but I'm glad that he has two attacks per round on the lowly orc scum.]