Delve #7

Old dungeon delves will go here.

Moderator: merias

greyarea

Re: Delve #7

Post by greyarea »

Hello friend, says Uzmatazz. It’s been a while. Family still good? Oh, and these fellows are with me. They get a bit jumpy around the bigger folk. He points his thumb at the ogre. You know how that is. What’s all this ruckus about anyway?

rredmond

Post by rredmond »

Schmidt and Heimer stand ready, but don't make any moves to attack. They smile in their readiness though ;)
Holy Schmidt He swears by his pretty floral bonnet...
Cure Light Wounds -- 3/3
Hold Person — 1/1
Updated: 4/16/2024
Bind wounds for 1d3 after each combat

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Berthod scowls at Uzmatazz, silently mouthing “You know this guy?”

JimboJimbo

Post by JimboJimbo »

Confused, Salty looks from the wizard to the goons and back. He moves his hand off his hilt, but stays ready to draw steel.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Twig waits patiently in the shadows, ready to strike if things go south.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

greyarea wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:36 pm
Hello friend, says Uzmatazz. It’s been a while. Family still good? Oh, and these fellows are with me. They get a bit jumpy around the bigger folk. He points his thumb at the ogre. You know how that is. What’s all this ruckus about anyway?
"I know what you mean...uhhh...friend! Rory has us down here checking to be sure there are no surprises with toll evaders, we hang out just to the west..." with this, the guard hooks his thumb behind him, then moves closer to Uz, and whispers "I see you found a way down that avoids the toll, I won't tell Rory."

The other guard, clearly impatient, says "Gord, this crack suicide squad ok or what? Let's get back to our game."

The Ogre seems content to watch the goings-on, for now.

Actions?

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Uzmatazz mocks astonishment and says, I thought you knew about this way down here! It certainly avoids a lot of negative consequences, if you catch my drift.

He draws the guard closer — like a co-conspirator — and continues in a stage whisper.

So about these toll medallions. Rory was being his usual self and insulted one of the guys here. Instead of causing a ruckus, I thought “why not take them down the other way?” You know, just to show them around.

Since we’re old pals, maybe we can forget about the medallions this time. We won’t be here long and I’ll make sure they don’t break anything they shouldn’t.

In fact, if you have a few extra I can make it worth it for you. You get the toll money instead of Rory. I swear he’s skimming off the top. Maybe you can cut us a deal…

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Gord nods his head. "Sure, sure, no problem. Rory is a little full of himself. I might have some medallions here...."

Maybe the guard has some medallions but most likely not - I'll use the Scarlet Heroes oracle table, the 'unlikely' row: d20=17 "Yes, but". I'll say the "but" is that he does not have a lot of them.

Gord's left hand lands on his belt pouch, and he pulls out d3=3 medallions, each a small wooden circle with a leather thong attached. A number "2" is embossed on each.

"This is all I have, it's from the last party that exited here when I was on stair duty, I haven't given them back to Rory yet. They entered with five, and two of the poor sots died somewhere on level 2."

Gord hands the medallions to Uzmatazz. His companion clears his throat. "Um, I need to get back to our game, so...good luck with your plundering and all. I think it's crazy, what you adventuring types do. This job is pretty cushy, as long as you steer clear of Rory. Oh, um about the payment for those...I can tell Rory no one in that party made it out alive, and we'll just make new ones. But Rory told us no Saturnalia bonuses this year...I think you're right, he must skim off the top."

Gord seems reluctant to ask Uz for a specific payment amount.

Actions?

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Uzmatazz holds up one finger in a "wait" posture while he removed his little gold sack/purse from his waist. He then shakes it out into his hand, revealing a single gold piece. This is all I have to pay you with, Gord. I suppose it is crazy: I haven't plundered a coin since I got into this place ...and the truth is obvious in his face... Thanks for the medallions, he continues, reaching for them. You really haven't changed since I last saw you. Always the good guy, Gord. I'm glad we're friends. Enjoy your game!

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Gord accepts the gold coin with a smile, turns and heads west with the other guard and Ogre.

Where to? You are all in the room at this point.