Moderator: merias

jcftao

Re: Delve #3

Post by jcftao »

Fly you fools!

JimboJimbo

Post by JimboJimbo »

Jingle looks to his fleeing colleagues, shrugs, then does the robot over to the magic circle. He clears his throat, adjusts his red-and-white bow tie then starts intoning the words to the read magic spell.

Twinkle Twinkle inky spray,
How I wonder what you say

There was me thinking my days of activating all dDoug's funky tricks and traps were behind me :lol:

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

JimboJimbo wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:01 am
Jingle looks to his fleeing colleagues, shrugs, then does the robot over to the magic circle. He clears his throat, adjusts his red-and-white bow tie then starts intoning the words to the read magic spell.

There was me thinking my days of activating all dDoug's funky tricks and traps were behind me :lol:
:lol: How bad can it be?

Jingle intones the words to his read magic spell, and can now see the runes around the circle for what they are - a powerful summoning incantation. He realizes too late that merely reading the runes has released their magical energy...

[d20 save = 10 FAIL]

Jingle is unable to avert his gaze and as his mind processes the runic magic in full, the runes glow and there is a bellowing of black smoke from the center of the circle, then a crack like a thunderbolt. Standing before Jingle is a twisted, demon-like creature with jet-black skin, bat wings, pointed ears and glowing eyes. It is partially hunched over on talons and clawed hands, and eyes Jingle curiously, sniffing the air. The smell of burnt flesh and sulfur fills the room.

Those of you watching this unfold can take an action, except for Jingle, who is momentarily entranced (treat as a surprise round for him)!

Here is where I have everyone, let me know if not accurate:

Actions?

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Berthold’s eyes go wide. Mom? He asks. Then he pulls out his bow and nocks a magic arrow. Go back home he says, as he lets the shaft loose.

rredmond

Post by rredmond »

Schmidt takes out both holy symbols, wood and silver, brandishing them at the demonish creature. "Begone and cower before the power of the holy and lawful gods creature of chaos!"
Yeah, yeah, I know, I got nothing. Couldn't use a magic pointy thing even if I got it. Crap but we are spread out! Sigh. :crazy:
Holy Schmidt He swears by his pretty floral bonnet...
Cure Light Wounds -- 3/3
Hold Person — 1/1
Updated: 4/16/2024
Bind wounds for 1d3 after each combat

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Cedric runs to Jingle's position to grab him and run through the north door, "Fly, YOU FOOLS!!!"

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

I'll wait for @jimbo to chime in on what Jingle will do if he is grabbed and ushered north.

JimboJimbo

Post by JimboJimbo »

merias wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:22 pm
JimboJimbo wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:01 am

:lol: How bad can it be?

Jingle intones the words to his read magic spell, and can now see the runes around the circle for what they are - a powerful summoning incantation. He realizes too late that merely reading the runes has released their magical energy...

[d20 save = 10 FAIL]

Jingle is unable to avert his gaze and as his mind processes the runic magic in full, the runes glow and there is a bellowing of black smoke from the center of the circle, then a crack like a thunderbolt. Standing before Jingle is a twisted, demon-like creature with jet-black skin, bat wings, pointed ears and glowing eyes. It is partially hunched over on talons and clawed hands, and eyes Jingle curiously, sniffing the air. The smell of burnt flesh and sulfur fills the room.

Those of you watching this unfold can take an action, except for Jingle, who is momentarily entranced (treat as a surprise round for him)!

Here is where I have everyone, let me know if not accurate:

Actions?
Brilliant Stuff!

Don't run away
Please don't cry
It should be okay and I'm telling you why
Jingle summoned that guy to town!

Jingle tries to evade Cedric's tackle. If successful, he'll take tentative steps toward the circle.

Greetings, seasonal cousin. Answer me question 3 and home to bed I'll release thee he says, break dancing as he speaks (if he escapes Cedric).

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Cedric will put the elf down if Jingle wishes it so. :lol:

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Berthold holds loading his arrow