Old dungeon delves will go here.

Moderator: merias

merias
Site Admin

Re: Delve #3

Post by merias »

JimboJimbo wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:01 pm
Jingle drops his sling and pulls a shiv. He sneaks up on the doorman, trying to stay outside his field of vision and looks for an opportunity to sweeten the man's liver with a snapped off candy cane.

Jingle bells,
What's rhat smell?
Poison on a blade!
Oh what fun
in the hells you'll find
When I take your life away

He whispers under his breath.
It will be difficult to sneak and stay out of sight in a 10' corridor that is already packed with five people in melee :) . That said, I might invoke the rule-of-cool here and allow you to try and crawl past the melee and spring up at the last second, if you want to do that (imagine Jingle on his belly trying to squirm out of the way of five pairs of moving feet). No guarantees it will work, but it might be fun to try! :lol:

rredmond

Post by rredmond »

merias wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:17 pm
Only two can fight side-by-side here, so unfortunately Schmidt would need a very long flail with a pointy end to attack from the second rank. :lol:
Bonk bonk on my party-mates' heads!
I didn't think so, just figured I'd ask ;)
Holy Schmidt He swears by his pretty floral bonnet...
Cure Light Wounds -- 3/3
Hold Person — 1/1
Updated: 4/16/2024
Bind wounds for 1d3 after each combat

JimboJimbo

Post by JimboJimbo »

merias wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:24 pm
It will be difficult to sneak and stay out of sight in a 10' corridor that is already packed with five people in melee :) . That said, I might invoke the rule-of-cool here and allow you to try and crawl past the melee and spring up at the last second, if you want to do that (imagine Jingle on his belly trying to squirm out of the way of five pairs of moving feet). No guarantees it will work, but it might be fun to try! :lol:
Jingle drops to his belly and starts doing The Worm through 5 pairs of stamping, kicking boots.

You better watch out
Don't make me cry
What am I doing?
I'll probably die!

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

JimboJimbo wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:25 pm
merias wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:24 pm
Jingle drops to his belly and starts doing The Worm through 5 pairs of stamping, kicking boots.

You better watch out
Don't make me cry
What am I doing?
I'll probably die!
:clap: :clap: :clap: You can do it Jingle! You just gotta believe! :clap: :clap: :clap:

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

The battle continues! Cedric makes good on his promise and runs his opponent through. The Door Man slumps to the floor, quite dead.

Berthod turns his attention to Fin, but can't land a blow.

Jingle silently flops and crawls his way through the melee, and against all odds he is not seen by Fin and jumps up to skewer him from behind with his shiv; he is able to wound Fin, but does not kill him.

Heimer has no luck with his spear, and Schmidt readies a flask of oil if needed.

Meanwhile, Fin regains his composure and turns to hack at Jingle with his sword, landing a mighty blow. As Jingle collapses, he can feel a burning sensation coursing through his body...he drops to the floor, unconscious!

Door man is dead, Fin is wounded.
Jingle is unconscious! He'll need to make two saves next round - one for poison, one for death.

Actions?

Code: Select all

+-----------+---------+
|Name       |HP       |
+-----------+---------+
|Jingle     |-5/3     |
+-----------+---------+
|Schmidt    |12/12    |
+-----------+---------+
|Cedric     |8/8      |
+-----------+---------+
|Berthod    |8/8      |
+-----------+---------+
|Heimer     |6/6      |
+-----------+---------+
Mechanics:

Round 2:

Cedric vs. Man: d20+2 = 15 HIT d8+2 = 9 dmg Door man is killed!
Berthod vs. Fin: d20+2 = 5 MISS
Jingle crawl silently = d100 = 10 success! ...does Fin see him crawling on the floor (1-4 in d6)? d6=5 no... Jingle will get a +4 for the backstab, and -1 due to STR, so d20+3 = 14 HIT for (d4-1)x2 = 4 dmg.
Heimer spear vs. Fin: d20 = 8 MISS
Fin vs. who? d3 = 3 so Jingle is attacked! d20 + 1 = 14 HIT for d8+1 = 8 dmg. Jingle is down!

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Cedric thrusts his bastard sword at the poisoner before him, "That'll be the last time you ply your toxic trade, cur! Join your brother in hell!"

Cedric hopes that Holy Schmidt has some proof against the poison of the blade.

rredmond

Post by rredmond »

If Schmidt can pull Jingle out, he will. Keeping the oil ready.
He will bind wounds first and then (if the elf is still breathing) cast a CLW spell.
Holy Schmidt He swears by his pretty floral bonnet...
Cure Light Wounds -- 3/3
Hold Person — 1/1
Updated: 4/16/2024
Bind wounds for 1d3 after each combat

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Berthold tries to skewer Fin. We should change your name to Finito!

JimboJimbo

Post by JimboJimbo »

Pale as snow, Jingle tries to struggle to his feet but can only manage to flop onto his back.

Good old jingle, he cried out
Cos his blood was freezing
And his guts lay round about
Red and wet and steaming.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Cedric says, "Don't lose hope, little Jingle. You may come out of this yet."