Delve #3 Aftermath

Old dungeon delves will go here.

Moderator: merias

merias
Site Admin

Delve #3 Aftermath

Post by merias »

Berthod lost two magic arrows in the fight against the demon, but gained a suit of +1 chain in the fight against Fin and the Door Man.

The green stone on a necklace Schmidt got from Fin is a luck stone - it gives him +1 to all saves as long as he wears it.

I'll assume you took the magic book on summoning from the demon room, you can sell it or keep it for a future MU character. Let me know what you want to do.

It will cost you 100gp to identify the book, armor and necklace. Let me know who is paying that or if you are splitting it.

Schmidt may or may not want to give some of his treasure to Heimer. I'll make a loyalty roll based on what you decide to do. If Schmidt gains a level, Heimer will become 1st level and get a half-share of XP in future delves. He will also demand some share of Schmidt's future treasure take in that case, open to negotiation.

merias
Site Admin

Re: Delve #3 Aftermath

Post by merias »

The book "Summoning for the Novitiate Mage" is part treatise, part spell book. It has explicit instructions on how to safely use the summoning circle, as well as the spells dispel evil and protection from evil 10' radius. It is is worth quite a bit if you want to sell it. The two spells can be used by low-level mages as scroll spells when read from the book, so they would be one-time use in that case.

rredmond

Post by rredmond »

So no kudos from Heimer for making sure he saved himself? Boo.
If he becomes a 1st level fighter then he will demand a cut of Schmidt’s treasure? He is starting to get kinda pricey!

Schmidt can pay to ID the book, but votes to sell it.

I’m okay to part with monies to get Heimer to 1st level. I guess at that point I’ll see what he wants for his service. [Not sure if it’s obvious, but as a player not a big fan of henchmen. :)]
Holy Schmidt He swears by his pretty floral bonnet...
Cure Light Wounds -- 3/3
Hold Person — 1/1
Updated: 4/16/2024
Bind wounds for 1d3 after each combat

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

rredmond wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:57 pm
So no kudos from Heimer for making sure he saved himself? Boo.
If he becomes a 1st level fighter then he will demand a cut of Schmidt’s treasure? He is starting to get kinda pricey!

Schmidt can pay to ID the book, but votes to sell it.

I’m okay to part with monies to get Heimer to 1st level. I guess at that point I’ll see what he wants for his service. [Not sure if it’s obvious, but as a player not a big fan of henchmen. :)]
It's a house rule of mine that 0-level types won't adventure with higher level PCs. So if you get enough XP to go to 3rd level (and you might if you sell the book), I would just make him a 1st-level henchman. At that point his loyalty would be partly about money, but it helps that you told him to save himself. Treasure share is open to negotiation. If I make a decent loyalty roll (modified by any perks you want to give him of course), he might ask for less of a share just for the chance to serve you.

You can cut him loose also, but once you get to 3rd level you will only be able to retain classed and leveled henchmen - no more 0-level meatshields.

rredmond

Post by rredmond »

That all makes sense. I definitely wanted him to get to first. All good - henchmen do suck up gold/XP. But my head may be too into 1e on that stuff?
Cure Light Wounds -- 3/3
Hold Person — 1/1

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

I'll update later today with XP/gold awards - let me know if you want to sell the book, so far Schmidt votes to sell. The town mage will give you 1500gp for it.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

That sounds like a good price. We can throw in a demon for an extra $500 if he’d like…

rredmond

Post by rredmond »

greyarea wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 1:22 pm
We can throw in a demon for an extra $500 if he’d like…
:lol:
hey wait, I wonder if the demon would be worth anything!?
Cure Light Wounds -- 3/3
Hold Person — 1/1

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Totals after selling the book:

1183xp before bonuses and 750gp each for Berthod, Schmidt and Cedric.

Heimer is now 1st a level Fighter with 6hp (d8 = 4, so we keep the existing 6hp). He wishes to stay with Schmidt, so let me know if Schmidt is sharing any of his treasure with or gifting anything to Heimer. You can also cut him loose or see if he will work for someone else.

With your dungeon exploits starting to draw attention, you are contacted by a self-described wandering Mage named Suspos who wishes to go on your next delve. He only asks for first pick of the next magic item you find (if he is able to make use of it), and a flat 100gp per delve (Suspos is a 2nd level MU and as an NPC would also get one-half of an XP share).

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

I think you have all gone up a level, feel free to roll your HP and please update your character sheets with any loot.

I've read that in the olden times ( :lol: since most of us remember them), it was common to bring new PCs into to a group and gift them gold (and hence XP) so they would jump levels more quickly. Discuss it if you like, and let me know if you want to do this with Salty - if you do, I'll let him start with the equivalent 1:1 gold for XP.

And - to clarify, since you all have already used the gold for XP, if you "gift" it to Salty I'll say the gold is spent and gone, but I'll still allow Salty to use it for XP. Maybe it was used for training - waves hands