Delve #4

Old dungeon delves will go here.

Moderator: merias

greyarea

Re: Delve #4

Post by greyarea »

Berthold gets into cover near the entrance.

rredmond

Post by rredmond »

Heimer and Schmidt move back into cover as well ;)
Holy Schmidt He swears by his pretty floral bonnet...
Cure Light Wounds -- 3/3
Hold Person — 1/1
Updated: 4/16/2024
Bind wounds for 1d3 after each combat

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

JimboJimbo wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 3:38 pm
Salty examines the holes, door, and surrounding area looking for a trigger mechanism. If he can't see anything He'll step to the side and slide a crossbow bolt into one of the holes, seeing if he can feel anything inside.

If he can't feel anything (darts/arrows/etc) inside, he'll unfurl his rope and trim off a three inch section for each hole and jam a length into each hole, packing it tight with his bolt.

If he can feel something in the pits but can't find the trigger mechanism, he'll tie his rope around his sword hilt, jam the sword into the ring then tie it off. He'll move away from the line of fire and pull on the rope to turn the iron ring and open the door.

Alright you bunch of snow-topped log legs, you might want to get your over-sttetched hides out the way.
Salty can see no obvious trigger. His bolts hit something about 6 inches in, but it's hard to say what it is. He is able to pack the holes with rope and set up his ring-turning contraption, but the ring does not turn. He thinks it might pull outwards rather than turn.

Actions?

JimboJimbo

Post by JimboJimbo »

Right ya bunch of lofty cloud sniffers, time to make like ducks and try not to get shot.

Assuming the handle is on the door's right side, Salty sits by the wall on the right hand side of the frame, away from the line of fire. He gathers up all the slack in the rope and leans backwards. If he's not heavy enough to pull the door open, he'll skip his feet against the wall, using the rope to tale his weight and push and lean to see if he can pull the door open. If he gets parallel to the ground and still can't open it, he'll shuffle his feet so he's looking at the floor and push out his arms to try and drag the door from its frame.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Salty is able to pull the ring, which elicits a loud snapping sound and thud as three arrows strike the rope he has stuffed into the holes. The arrows shoot out with enough force to push out the rope, but clatter to the floor harmlessly next to Salty.

The ring snaps back in place and you now surmise this is a false door, as there appears to be no way to open it.

Well done! Where to?

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

You know, the last hobbit that joined us could at least open doors, Berthold says. This one may be defective.

South?

JimboJimbo

Post by JimboJimbo »

Salty scoops up the arrows and gives then a sniff, checking for poison

I've no trouble opening the door to your sister's chambers he mutters.

If the gold's South I'm game. Anyone want an arrow?

rredmond

Post by rredmond »

"South sounds perfect," Schmidt agrees, "should we take another listen at the 'BEWARE' door?"
Holy Schmidt He swears by his pretty floral bonnet...
Cure Light Wounds -- 3/3
Hold Person — 1/1
Updated: 4/16/2024
Bind wounds for 1d3 after each combat

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Cedric says, "Wherever we go, I just want less demons."

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Berthold replies to Salty, Ho ho. Nice one there, short one.

Except I have no sisters: only fifteen brothers. You may have been paying a visit to my half-brother Osan—he’s often mistaken for a woman due to his magnificent hair. And being half-elvish he has small bones. Quite delicate, actually. I hope it was good for you.

My mother, on the other hand—may the gods have pity on her soul—she would have ensured you had a wonderful night. And she’d have left your purse empty. And I might have a half-halfling brother. Ugh. Perish the thought.