Delve #4

Old dungeon delves will go here.

Moderator: merias

rredmond

Re: Delve #4

Post by rredmond »

"How solidly is that in the ground?" Schmidt asks as he and Heimer hand over a board, "too heavy for our ropes and burlier party members?"
Holy Schmidt He swears by his pretty floral bonnet...
Cure Light Wounds -- 3/3
Hold Person — 1/1
Updated: 4/16/2024
Bind wounds for 1d3 after each combat

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Berthold tosses him a board. If you need a hand, let me know.

I wish there was a way to just kill all of those eels at once. Something we could do to the quicksand. I’m trying to catch them with my pick but they’re slippery as… well, you know.

JimboJimbo

Post by JimboJimbo »

Salty tries to wedge a board to dam thr muck on each side of the tomb. If possible, he'll stand on one corner and bounce to see if he can feel any movement then move to each corner in turn.

If there's enough play he'll brave the Berthold Broth and see if he can wedge his knife under the coffins narrow end.

I'll see if we can attach some ropes, your Holiness. While I'm here, I drop a deuce and see if that does the trick, Tholdy.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

JimboJimbo wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:56 pm
Salty tries to wedge a board to dam thr muck on each side of the tomb. If possible, he'll stand on one corner and bounce to see if he can feel any movement then move to each corner in turn.

If there's enough play he'll brave the Berthold Broth and see if he can wedge his knife under the coffins narrow end.
[2/6 chance the sarcophagus has some rocks underneath that can be used as a base for a lever - d6=3 no]

The boards don't budge the sarcophagus, which Salty judges to be firmly settled in the dirt layer beneath the quicksand. He can easily get his knife in the lid crack, but he'll need a larger tool to move it, and maybe another person.

[d10=9]

The eels continue to avoid Salty and stick near Berhthold's pick distraction scheme.

Actions?

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Berthold throws his crowbar at to Salty.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Cedric will jump down and help Salty. He'll take the crowbar and pry up on the lid AFTER Salty takes a look for traps!

JimboJimbo

Post by JimboJimbo »

Salty pokes around for traps.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Salty examines the lid, but is not able to see anything that might look like a trap.

Cedric and Salty are able to pry open the lid with some effort. It slides off to the north, the way the sarcophagus is leaning slightly. The smell of ages wafts out from inside the sarcophagus.

[2d10=9,6] No eels disturb you during this task - Berthold's fishing is apparently still working well to keep the eels away.

Some of the quicksand oozes into the sarcophagus as the lid slides off, about an inch or so of muck - not enough to obscure the tightly wrapped body inside. On the corpse's chest is a bejeweled crown, and hanging loosely from the wrists are two identical jeweled bracers.

Actions?

rredmond

Post by rredmond »

Schmidt prepares his holy symbol and make sure his scroll is easily accessible.
Holy Schmidt He swears by his pretty floral bonnet...
Cure Light Wounds -- 3/3
Hold Person — 1/1
Updated: 4/16/2024
Bind wounds for 1d3 after each combat

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Berthold: Good thinking, Schmidt. Encountering a mummy here would be eely bad.