Delve #6

Old dungeon delves will go here.

Moderator: merias

rredmond

Re: Delve #6

Post by rredmond »

"Wait," Schmidt says, with a quizzical look on his face, "was that a joke?" Hopefully to make the braintrust sided against us try and think a bit.
Then quieter as an aside to the others, "Suspos, have you ever won a wizards' duel?"

Schmidt and Heimer prepare to attack, as I assume we will be doing ;)
Holy Schmidt He swears by his pretty floral bonnet...
Cure Light Wounds -- 3/3
Hold Person — 1/1
Updated: 4/16/2024
Bind wounds for 1d3 after each combat

JimboJimbo

Post by JimboJimbo »

Salty, doubting he can slip into the shadows unnoticed, looses a pair of arrows at the wizard.

Not as yet, your Holiness Suspo yelps, diving behind the couch for cover.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

JimboJimbo wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:50 pm
Salty, doubting he can slip into the shadows unnoticed, looses a pair of arrows at the wizard.

Not as yet, your Holiness Suspo yelps, diving behind the couch for cover.
You are in room #8, the couch room you came from is south of you. There is no decent cover in the summoning room - the desk is too small and too close to the wall for Suspos to dive behind (although he could run into the 10x10 secret room). The larger room is also lit magically from above, so there are indeed no shadows to hide in. The room is big enough, however, that you might be able to get to a position to attack from behind if everyone else was distracted by being in a melee. It might take a couple of rounds.

Suspos is at the entrance to the secret room, Twig is at the desk, and the rest of the party I assume is nearby.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Berthold says nothing. His witty repartee being the arrow he feathers the mage with.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Twig fires one of his centipede poison arrows at the robed gentleman, then moves to the opposite side of the room, away from the rest of the party.

rredmond

Post by rredmond »

Shoot, Heimer doesn't an extra spear, ah well. What kind of armor are they wearing? Does the mace look really nice? :D
Heimer will throw his spear at the axe holder, I forget the rules on targeting, and he and Schmidt enter the fray as soon as it's safe to do so. Ohhhhhh, head on, head off, yeah not funny at all, Schmidt shrugs out loud.
Cure Light Wounds -- 3/3
Hold Person — 1/1

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

I rolled well for the opposing party's DEX - sword-guy 15, axe-guy 14, mace-man 13 and mage 12. So the order of actions will be: Sword-guy, axe-guy followed by Twig, Salty, and Berthold - all simultaneous with mace-man, then the mage and Gruf, Suspos, Heimer and Schmidt.

Axe-guy sees Twig, Salty and Berthold all readying to shoot their bows - and beckons his group to charge.

They do so (except for the mage), which allows the missiles to go off first as melee has not yet been joined.

Salty fires off two arrows that miss the mage by a mile (d20+1 twice=4,8).
Twig hits his mark with a poisoned arrow (d20+1=13 for d6=2 dmg, save d20=19 the mage saves!).
Berthold looses two arrows (d20+2 twice=19,9 for d6=5 dmg) - one sinks itself into the mage's chest and the mage is dead!

Axe-guy and sword-guy have an open field, and as experienced warriors, they would think Suspos is a soft target (I'll say a there is a 3 in 6 chance they go after him: d6=1 so yes, they charge Suspos, who is about 20' from them: d20=6, d20=14 one hit for d8=8 dmg). Suspos tries to leap away towards the south, but leaps right onto sword-guy's sword (Suspos will save vs. death next round)!

Mace-man charges towards (d6=5) Schmidt and tries to whack him (d20=9), but his mace glances off of Schmidt's armor.

Gruf leaps at (d3=2) sword-guy and (d20=18 for d4=4 dmg) takes a chunk out of his thigh.

Heimer and Schmidt team up on mace-man (d20=3, d20=17 for d8=6 dmg), Schmidt gives him a good belt with his flail, wounding him.

Actions? The melee is wide open in this large room - mace-man is engaged with Heimer and Schmidt, Gruff is chewing on sword-man, and the rest of you are as-of-yet free agents.

The mage is dead.
Mace-man and sword-man are wounded.
Suspos is on the brink of death!

Code: Select all

+------------+--------+
|Name        |HP      |
+------------+--------+
|Salty       |8/13    |
+------------+--------+
|Schmidt     |14/14   |
+------------+--------+
|Twig        |5/6     |
+------------+--------+
|Berthold    |13/13   |
+------------+--------+
|Suspos      |-3/5    |
+------------+--------+
|Heimer      |6/6     |
+------------+--------+
|Gruff       |4/4     |
+------------+--------+

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

rredmond wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:32 pm
Shoot, Heimer doesn't an extra spear, ah well. What kind of armor are they wearing? Does the mace look really nice? :D
Heimer will throw his spear at the axe holder, I forget the rules on targeting, and he and Schmidt enter the fray as soon as it's safe to do so. Ohhhhhh, head on, head off, yeah not funny at all, Schmidt shrugs out loud.
Oh noes, we were posting at the same time! I can retcon and have Heimer throw a spear first, unless you want to keep his melee action? Let me know. They have plate armor and the mace looks ... like a mace! :lol:

rredmond

Post by rredmond »

Yeah but does the mace glow???? :D I just didn't want them to be flat-footed waiting for missiles to go off.
So no worries, the first post stands, Heimer is becoming a spear expert anyway, the sword is dusty.

Heimer and Schmidt press the attack on mace-man. Suspos, wrong way! Schmidt yells.
Cure Light Wounds -- 3/3
Hold Person — 1/1

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Twig will try to get behind one of the foes and backstab him!