Delve #6 Aftermath

Old dungeon delves will go here.

Moderator: merias

merias
Site Admin

Delve #6 Aftermath

Post by merias »

Will update here with the XP and treasure info.

Given the US holiday this week, we won't start back up until next week sometime. Have a good Thanksgiving all!

jcftao

Re: Delve #6 Aftermath

Post by jcftao »

Happy Thanksgiving to All!

JimboJimbo

Post by JimboJimbo »

Have a great time guys.

rredmond

Post by rredmond »

I’m one of those idiots who will be traveling later today. Just me and the 13yo, luckily she’s easy peasy on the road like me.

Y’all have a great and hopefully long weekend and good holiday.
Holy Schmidt He swears by his pretty floral bonnet...
Cure Light Wounds -- 3/3
Hold Person — 1/1
Updated: 4/16/2024
Bind wounds for 1d3 after each combat

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Hope everyone had a good holiday!

While in town, you spend 400gp in fees to decipher the MU spellbook and scrolls, the two magic weapons and red powder.

The mace is a mace +1, it emits light on command to 30'.
The sword's name is Morbo, it is a +1 sword that allows the bearer, when concentrating, to detect traps twice per day - to Berthold
The red powder is "dust of concealing", when sprinkled on someone or something close to man-sized or smaller, it renders them or it invisible and silent (as the spells, but not an area of effect, just the person or object) for some unknown time period. There are two doses - to Twig

Here are the other items from delve #6, minus the 400gp in fees. All told a decent haul!
  • The locked, leather-bound book is hollowed out and has a clerical scroll of bless and cure disease within - to Schmidt
  • 2 jeweled bracers (worth 1280gp)
  • MU Spellbook - charm person, light, color spray, ventriloquism, web (worth 2,000gp) - to new PC
  • 2 MU scrolls (levitate, phantasmal force - worth 400gp) - to new PC
  • 2 silver daggers (to Twig and Salty), battle axe
  • 3 suits of human-sized plate armor (worth 150gp)
  • 70gp
It was lucky that you killed the MU before he could cast any spells (also good tactics, but some luck as well)!

Let me know what you want to do with the MU spellbook and scrolls (you can sell them, or keep them for a MU one of you rolls up). Also let me know if you want to sell the plate armor and battle axe or keep them for yourselves or future meatshields, and who is taking the magic items (apart from the clerical scroll) and silver daggers. I'll tally the gold and XP once you decide what to sell.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Almost forgot - the black fabric is confirmed magical, but eludes the town sage's best efforts at deciphering what it does. He felt bad and did not charge you for his research on that item.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

The sword seems up Salty’s alley.

We should probably hire or roll up a new wizard.

The mace could be a good fit for Schmidt, although it’s less effective in battle than the flail.

JimboJimbo

Post by JimboJimbo »

greyarea wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:05 pm
The sword seems up Salty’s alley.

We should probably hire or roll up a new wizard.

The mace could be a good fit for Schmidt, although it’s less effective in battle than the flail.
Very generous, but Salty will let one of you burly types take the sword. He's better with a bow and is more likely to shave his toes than shank a baddie.

rredmond

Post by rredmond »

I think torch mace and and trappy sword we should keep - in case we meet anything that needs magic to hit it.
If we need to give up one for the GP/XP then definitely the mace. Makes sense for Berthold to have the sword though.

Unless we can rent out the spell book and scroll, I say sell them if we don't have anyone that wants to roll up an MU. Adding the clerical scroll to my list though ;)
Holy Schmidt He swears by his pretty floral bonnet...
Cure Light Wounds -- 3/3
Hold Person — 1/1
Updated: 4/16/2024
Bind wounds for 1d3 after each combat

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Also would like to change the game a bit - since I let John create an assassin, I'll allow any S&W Complete classes (or multi-classes), if anyone wants to roll a second or new PC up. So basically we'll just switch to using the S&W Complete rules, which you can download from this forum (or PM me and I'll share the player options for the revised edition that just came out).

I'm also thinking of getting rid of DEX-based initiative. I think it makes the combats a little too dependent on luck (roll bad for DEX as a PC, or the ref rolls good for monster DEX and you go last every round - like in the last combat or like Schmidt :lol: ). I'd like to switch to side-based, with no simultaneous attacks allowed (re-roll ties). DEX is then limited to helping missile attacks and AC, as per the rules. This is all (I think) more in keeping with the abstract nature of OD&D combat.

Any comments or ideas?