Delve #7

Old dungeon delves will go here.

Moderator: merias

merias
Site Admin

Delve #7

Post by merias »

You head back to the dungeon, after at least a week of R&R, now joined by the illustrious mage Uzmatazz.

Let me know if there are any last-minute changes to your PCs or equipment. Where to?

greyarea

Re: Delve #7

Post by greyarea »

Berthold enticed me to this quest by explaining the strange blackness found in a secret room, says Uzmatazz. Might we venture there first?

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

If we do, don’t read the damned script along the edge of the magic circle, warns Berthold.

JimboJimbo

Post by JimboJimbo »

A mage of action. I like it! I'll lead the way.

Salty waits for everyone to ready there stuff then scouts ahead looking for traps we missed or new ones thrown down while we were drinking resting.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

[Assuming you take the short way, east to #6 and south]

You (d6=6) don't encounter anything on the way to the summoning room. The secret door is still open.

Just to remind you what you saw in delve #6:

"Berthold peeks in the secret room. The light from the summoning chamber ceiling illuminates a 10'x10' room beyond the secret door that appears empty. There is a roughly 3' x 3' section of floor that Berthold can see in the center of the room, it is black and shimmers. It reminds him of the black square of fabric he found in the room to the south."

Actions?

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Uzmatazz smiles, Might I see the shimmery cloth, Berthold? Thank you. Let’s see if we can use this as a portal, one to another…

He will try to put things into the shimmering cloth to see if it appears in the room. If so, he will try vice versa.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

greyarea wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:40 pm
Uzmatazz smiles, Might I see the shimmery cloth, Berthold? Thank you. Let’s see if we can use this as a portal, one to another…

He will try to put things into the shimmering cloth to see if it appears in the room. If so, he will try vice versa.
The black cloth acts like a cloth when you try to put something through it, poking but not actually going through the fabric.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

So much for this being a quick way to store one’s gains, Uzmatazz muses. He searches the little room for any hint of magical word or script. Maybe it needs activation. Not attunement, that is a stupid concept, but some things do need a word of power to work properly…

rredmond

Post by rredmond »

Heimer and Schmidt keep an eye on the exits from the room, with glances at the ceiling every so often, which the investigating is going on.
Holy Schmidt He swears by his pretty floral bonnet...
Cure Light Wounds -- 3/3
Hold Person — 1/1
Updated: 4/16/2024
Bind wounds for 1d3 after each combat

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

greyarea wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:29 pm
So much for this being a quick way to store one’s gains, Uzmatazz muses. He searches the little room for any hint of magical word or script. Maybe it needs activation. Not attunement, that is a stupid concept, but some things do need a word of power to work properly…
The room is devoid of markings, but inspecting the black, shimmering area of floor, it occurs to him that it is close to the same size and shape of the piece of fabric.

Actions?

Also, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: at "Not attunement, that is a stupid concept".